Are APs meant to help against intrusive thoughts?

I still get them bad and my anti psychotic doesn’t seem to be helping against them. What meds are usually recommended for intrusive thoughts or is it just one of things no meds can help with ?

No, everyone deals with intrusive thoughts. It is not a characteristic of schizophrenia. In fact a survey was done in a he UK and most common intrusive thought people had was jumping in front of a fast moving train. Others included pushing others in front of cars etc. The survey was conducted on those who did not suffer from any mental illness

5 Likes

So what then helps with it

Please don’t say supplements lol

By simply understanding that they are only intrusive thoughts. “Events of the mind” and not your own personal thoughts

2 Likes

My brain won’t allow me to think that

I need meds …

1 Like

Neither did mine until my psychiatrist told me that and then I started to learn more about intrusive thoughts. It has taken the power away from them

1 Like

Maybe anti depressants help

Na I prefer meds they have helped me more. My mind is broken quickly without them

2 Likes

I am not saying that you should not take your medication, I encourage you to do so. But the solution is not to always take more when you have another issue.

2 Likes

I understand man I get your point

2 Likes

Why not read and understand intrusive thoghts, they are plenty of dite la with a wealth of information online. Knownledge is power

1 Like

@Chess24 once said zyprexa helped him with intrusive thought… isnt 15mg zyprexa arent helping u wallafish my man…

1 Like

I can’t focus to read a long story

@anon20318121 Read small sections

1 Like

No the intrusive thoughts are still there with zyprexa

There’s so many clever people here its easier to ask lol

2 Likes

U may add another aps or ads on low dose…see i dont have positive symptoms tho i take rispridal 3mg and seroquel 25mg… seroquel helps me to fall asleep…

That is the equivalent to saying “I will get better if someone takes medication for me”