Approved for disability

I was finally approved for disability the other day after 2 years and 3 months

10 Likes

Congrats. Did they give you a retroactive check?

2 Likes

I wont know anything till the latest may 29th

2 Likes

Long time no see @austinsdad. How have you been?

1 Like

Did you require legal aid or did you just keep applying?

Hope it helps you.

1 Like

I have been good how have you been

1 Like

I had to get a lawyer

that is great, I hope you get back pay, that might help with any bills that have racked up while you were waiting for disability.I got mine right away but my brother had to fight for his. well really my mom fought for it, he was denied for 10 years. he got about 25,000 in back pay and about 30 percent of that went to the lawyer, my dad has been denied for the last 10 years. no lawyer will take his case.

1 Like

Oh wow thats crazy. How come no lawyer will take his case

I think because they see he from the age of 15 to 44 but he lost a lot of jobs and he only passed the 8th grade. they think he can still work. but lawyers in fort wayne Indiana will only take sure fire will win cases

I’ve been really good thanks for asking!

That is wonderful news! Congratulations :slight_smile: I got mine right away (one year) and it is such a blessing. I am too MI to work. I hope that situation changes over time though.

Anyway, good for you. that’s great :slight_smile:

I got my SSDI in three months. And my Dr. and social worker applied for me when I was in the hospital. I didn’t have to do a thing. My son was the same way. He got his in three months. Although I hired a lawyer for him.

1 Like

Nobody in WA gets SSDI in 3 months. They told me when I applied it would be a minimum of 6 months before I even hear anything. At 6 months they told me they were still reviewing. At 9 months they started me on SSI but were still reviewing my SSDI case. At about 11 months, they approved my SSDI case and switched me from SSI to SSDI. I have been on SSDI for about 5 months and I have been MI for a year and 9 months.

I got approved in 3 months too. But I had been sick for 6 years before I applied so I had a lot of medical evidence and several failed work attempts.

I want to try for disability. But I’ve been working for years now. Only had a 7 month break during my first psychotic break so idk if I would be approved.