Apparently my brother is mentally ill and his family wants us to take him

We have a transporter set up to go get him but he’s making excuses why he can’t be in a car with a stranger for 11 hours. He’s saying he can’t stay with my sister where there’s room for him because he needs to be able to listen to music really loud at 3 am and sing to the top of his lungs. He says he’ll get into therapy as soon as things calm down. We’re like dude, you’re on the verge of getting committed by your family you better take the ride and go by our rules or you are not going to like where you end up. He’s totally oblivious.

6 Likes

I’m sorry that’s going on.

Sounds like your brother is pretty bad off.

Is he married?

1 Like

Sweet ignorance. I hope you can find a solution that works for both sides.

1 Like

Yes, married 3 kids. They are afraid of him in his current state and need him gone

Perhaps you should be taking a pass on him until he has been stabilized.

1 Like

We will get him stabilized here.

1 Like

I sincerely wish you luck and also safety.

1 Like

thank you, I hope we can get him here

3 Likes

I know what that’s like, we’re going through the same thing right now.

I just hope they get help.

3 Likes

I’m sorry you are dealing with this too, I hope your brother will get help and stabilize

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear this, @Leaf. I hope he is able to travel and stay with you. And I hope he gets help and improves soon.

My youngest brother has been slowly developing schizoaffective, but he refuses to believe that. He says he just has depression, which is exactly what my schizoaffective mother says about herself.

My family members are famous for getting diagnosed with schizophrenia or schizoaffective, and just refusing to accept it. I’m the only one in my family who accepts it and takes meds as prescribed. 4 of 6 family members have schizoaffective disorder, including myself.

Sorry, didn’t mean to ramble. I’m just trying to say that I feel for you. I really hope your brother accepts treatment and whatever diagnosis they get.

(hug)

2 Likes

thank you honey, I’m sorry to hear of your family’s misfortune. I’ve always thought my brother was bipolar but I’m not a clinician so I can’t say for sure. I don’t know if it goes further than that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.