Apart from mental illness, why are you single?

For me , it was just a subconscious “nobody is good enough”. That’s the conclusion I’ve come to.

4 Likes

My mother was not happily married so I never grew up wanting to.

2 Likes

Everyone I was into rejected me in my twenties then I just stopped trying.

3 Likes

Yes @agent101g , I had a bit of that thrown in too for sure. It’s like the people I wanted didn’t want me and the people that wanted me, I didn’t want them.

6 Likes

I want it to be special…
Its a phrase, but its true for me…

2 Likes

I haven’t met anyone I’m interested in since 2014. Not one guy.

3 Likes

I make excuses in my head to not initiate conversations with women I fancy. I’m fine talking to women as friends, but I go silly when I fancy someone. Pfft. I’m a mess.

5 Likes

I blame my mental illness, up until then I always had a girlfriend, or almost always, or I was fooling around with girls I went to school with or worked with.

The last girl I was seeing left me and called me a “psycho” when I became psychotic.

Women give me looks and stuff when I’m out but I’ve had virtually nothing but bad reactions after I tell women my diagnosis.

I’m on a dating app now and have a few women I’m talking too, but the first thing I wrote in my profile is that I have schizophrenia so I’m sure that is scaring away a ton of women.

I also blame my meds a little, I don’t feel like my fun wild old self.

3 Likes

Yes. This.

1 Like

I’m just not interested…I have low self-esteem as it is, but it also seems like every person who has ever expressed an interest in me wanted sex and the psych meds killed anything left of my libido. So now I consider myself asexual…

2 Likes

I had a girlfriend when I was eighteen who was crazy about me, she made me feel like the most important person in the world. Then she fell in love with another guy in front of my eyes and went off with him. I stopped believing in love. She was so capricious and wishy-washy. Almost all my girlfriends cheated on me. In contrast, I’ve never cheated on anybody. I can’t take it again, I’d become a woman-hater.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. Rejection is awful. I assure you, not all women are like that. Just like not all men are the negative stereotypes associated with men.

2 Likes

I feel like I need to work on myself first

3 Likes

I’m single because my husband was a physical and sexual abuser. Because the second love of my life (a female), went back to booze and subsequently left me because of it. And because the third love of my life (also a female), is very mentally ill, paranoid, and doesn’t trust me.

3 Likes

I was married. Before I started taking my meds, I had a psychosis and I left home to stay on the street in another city. I thought receiving coded messages from the tv telling me a girl was in love with me so I searched for this tv girl in this other city. During this time, my ex wife made a new boyfriend. I’ve been single since 2016. My self esteem became low.

2 Likes

Mine left me as I couldn’t work. She clearly didn’t want someone on benefits. She kept repeating me that her ex was an IT and making a lot. In the end she went back to him. She wasn’t answering me one day, I got worried and rang her door. Her ex came out and told me to not come back. I told him thats all I want to know, that she went back to him. We didn’t yell or fight so thats good. I guess he’s a good guy.

3 Likes

I think i’m single because I lack confidence. I’m a short man at 5’6 and I cant lie I am insecure about my height. Id say 99% of women want a tall man. Also me being unemployed hurts my chances.

3 Likes

My first husband was only 5’6” and only had a 26 inch inseam. Don’t give up. Plenty of women are ok with short guys

3 Likes

I am too picky. I have never been that popular with the opposite sex and now I am probably too old and bitter to make that magic happen with anyone.

1 Like

I’m 5’ and like short men. Makes a better team.

3 Likes