Anyone workout in the gym?

Just posting about things on my mind. I’m supposed to start going to the gym once I get past my loan paid off this month. I have supposedly osteoarthritis in my lower back and bursitis in my left hip. A doctor, pulmonologist, said I should lose some weight and exercise.

So I don’t really know about the gym thing, if it will help any or not.

2 Likes

No gym for me, and I got zero exercise in today. I was too focused on guitar lesson and practicing afterward. I did get out of the house because of this though, so I guess I was not completely sedentary today.

Will try to bump things back up in the exercise department tomorrow.

3 Likes

I miss going to the gym. I have gym equipment like weights at home but I never exercise. I lifted my brother’s weights but they were too heavy for me.

4 Likes

Thanks @Aziz @Bowens That’s about where I’m at. I doubt if I’ll be able to manage the weights my friend does.

2 Likes

I train 4x a week now, but I only stay for 15 minutes, then I shower because I get so sweaty. I feel that it is good for the mind and body, I hope everyone here does it, it is very beneficial for health

2 Likes

I miss the gym, but avoiding groups of people is my new normal as damage from repeat Rona infections is likely cumulative (cardiologist’s orders). Damn virus likes to play in the vascular system and clot things.

I have resistance bands I use while sitting and that I can also work out with.

3 Likes

I walk a mile at the gym and lift weights

3 Likes

I used to go to the gym, but I stopped it when I stopped working as it was £70 a month

Made good use of it though

4x a week I swam 600m

4 Likes

Thanks @Rainstorm @Andres_Britas @velociraptor @Joker

2 Likes

I’m an aspiring writer, and when I work out I start to write a bunch of Rambo type stuff. I know a lot of people like that, but that character has been done about a thousand times. It’s entertaining, but it is not serious literature.

1 Like

I go to the Wellness center five times a week and walk on the treadmill for 20-30 minutes each day. I don’t know what kind of workout you want to do. Maybe check out scooby1961 on YouTube.

2 Likes

I was doing it twice a week but have fallen out of the habit now. Keep meaning to start again but havn’t yet.

1 Like

Yea I workout every day but with my own sort of gym

4 Likes

My husband and I go to the gym 5 days a week. I workout now for 60 to 90 minutes a day.

4 Likes

Woah! Thats a lot! Go you. How do you find the motivation to go so often?

i don’t go to the gym but i do hardcore yoga for 30-60 minutes 5 days a week

I was insulted and humiliated multiple times when I was 100 pounds overweight. 2 years ago I decided enough was enough. I started counting calories and exercising. My husband has always exercised regularly and it helps to go with him to the gym. It motivates me to try harder @StarCrazy

1 Like

i need 2 start power walkin

my motovation is low recently

You don’t need money to exercise. The gymmat was around $25. I can do all sorts of exercise. Save yourself the money for the gym. Go for walks and such.

1 Like

That’s awesome I wanna buy one of those!

1 Like