Schizophrenia.com

Anyone with Low testosterone

I started reading some of the symptoms of low testosterone and I think I cross most of the list.

I guess the reason I suspect it, is that I have done weights a few times and depression seems to lift instantly.

Its a bit scary, so going to do a blood test asap.

Anyone think their depression is caused by low testosterone?

Anyone had their level checked?

Anyone know of any research that links antipscychotics to low levels of testosterone?

0 Likes

When i was on high dose of medication, i had no sex drive at all, i had testosterone checked and it was very low, i lowered my dose and started eating lot of vegetables, my libido got much better and now couple of days ago i gave another blood test, i haven’t met with the doctor yet, i am pretty sure it has increased but i doubt its at the normal range, so for sure antipsychotic meds effects the level of testosterone… I don’t know if i should ask the doctor to give me T med. i am afraid that it will stop my natural production of T and artificially increase it, but i will ask.

1 Like

Thank you so much for that information.

I am a very low dose of abilify, (5mg)

I will keep you guys posted in the next week about results,
thanks so much.

0 Likes

Naturally my T level and libido was so high and strong it would give me discomfort, but now it being low gives me discomfort, i dream back to those days but with this meds i don’t know whats the possibility. Any ways i would advise you eat lot of vegetables ands fruits, try googling foods that increase T level, its the best natural way.

1 Like

i find i have a sex drive, but i havent had a girlfriend in a long time

0 Likes

I have a sex drive too but its about 75% as strong as it was before the psychotic episodes.

So this has me thinking that there is a chance that I might be low on testosterone.

Just a theory.

0 Likes

For a long time meds killed all desire in that department. But now that I’m on a lower dose of Seroquel and Latuda got added, parts of myself are waking up.

I got a full check up 6 months ago, I’m average. But my lack of interest hasn’t been due to meds I don’t think. I guess I’m just not in a mental space right now were I’m too worried about the girlfriend thing.

0 Likes

Anti psychotic medicines raise the female hormone prolactin, which for men can lead to low sex drive and weak muscles, as well as overweight. If you want a natural treatment, you can try tongkat ali, its very effective, but quite expensive.

0 Likes

I got my blood results and the score is 445… Its still considered in a normal range, but i read a lot that for my age it should of been about 600. Probably before med it was 800…
The range is 250-1100.

0 Likes