Anyone who's currently on Abilify

I’m really thinking about taking abilify again. Perphenazine is turning south. What is your overall opinion of abilify?

4 Likes

It works for me and keeps me sane.

Anxiety might be a problem , so you you might need anti anxiety meds or supplements.

It did increase my blood sugar, so I suggest getting blood tests 6 months after starting it to make sure everything is ok.

I’m on Metformin for my blood sugar now.

3 Likes

I am being injected with 400mg of Abilify every 4 weeks. The anti-psychotic medication is maintaining my brain functions.

1 Like

Its a good med, but the insomnia is a killer for me. Im up at 2:30 am rn

Also I got kind of impulsive with spending for awhile, but it passed

Apart from that its fantastic for motivation and energy to do things in my case

1 Like

Thanks a lot y’all I’m just a little worried.

2 Likes

It’s a good medication,

But it gave me horrible anxiety.

I’m on klonopin to combat it.

1 Like

It works for me, no too many issues.
As everhopeful pointed out. may raise bloodsuger
I think it raised mine and i’m diabetic.

1 Like

Diabetes is bad on both sides of my family. So as I age I’ve to watch out. If he puts me on it I’ll watch my sugar.

3 Likes

I’m on it currently and it’s working well for my general paranoia and disorganized thinking. Hasn’t helped at all with the voices and I’m still a little disorganized at times. It’s definitely given me more energy and motivation

1 Like

I don’t have sz but I got psychotic-like anxiety from Abilify 2.5mg (lowest here is 5mg). So yeah, take anxiety into consideration.

1 Like

I thought I was doing okay on perphenazine. It’s just depressing.

I’ve been on it 15 years and I’ll never get away at this point, it feels like a euphoriant. It will stop me from sinking too low, though I miss genuine imagination…I miss before the injection—when I was flying in my mind to bizarre castles, now its static noise. That’s ok, be myself? Normal…

1 Like

I love it. Only watch out if u have heart problems stay hydrated. Since I started being healthier heart problems are much much less

1 Like

I don’t know about ability but I do take perphenazine and I’m starting to not like it as well. Giving me insomnia.

1 Like

I’m currently on 15mg of Abilify.

Definitely helps with motivation, mood stabilizing, and more.

I did stop it for about a month and a few days and defos noticed a difference.

Wishing you luck if you decide to go for it, @roxanna :sunny:

1 Like

I took Abilify for approximately 1yr and a half and I remember having anxiety at first.

1 Like