Schizophrenia.com

Anyone switched from Risperdal to Geodon?

What should I expect? Goods and bads.

2 Likes

When i made the switch I immedately felt much better. But, risperidone made me throw up a bunch, so i don’t know how much was just relief from not feeling sick anymore. I was only on risperidone for a month.

2 Likes

What meds did you try? Was Geodon the best for negative symptoms?

1 Like

I wanted Geodon too but my former pdoc said it could cause bad restlessness since I was so restless on Risperdal. Never tried it but everyone reacts differently.

2 Likes

I only had it on Latuda. I tried Zyprexa, Latuda, Abilify, Risperdal and low dose Seroquel.

1 Like

They wanted me on that too. Heard about impulsivity on it. Not a good mix for me.

1 Like

For APs i only tried risperidone and geodon. Previously, I had been on fluvoxamine, propranalol, depakote, gabapentin, topamax, amitriptyline, buspurone, wellbutrin, and a few others I dont remember.

1 Like

Geodon helped my ability to get stuff done. Before taking it, I had a ton of trouble with hygiene and household tasks. After starting it, those tasks went from impossible to chellenging.

1 Like

I switched I only took up to 80mg of geodon. But I am off it now. Akathisia in ma leggies was primary reason of coming off.

1 Like