Anyone own a gun?

I remember that I bought a gun just to see if I could. This was after being hospitalized. It is nothing that serious just a bolt action .22 caliber rifle. So technically I own a gun. My dad owns way more though.

1 Like

I donā€™t think you can own a gun very easily in Australia. Thereā€™s not a big gun culture here.

I grew up in a family with rural backgrounds so those in my family who owned property in the country owned rifles for shooting lame animals in pain.

Thereā€™s a black market for guns, and there is gun violence here but itā€™s restricted to bikie gangs and bad guys. Everyday people donā€™t carry guns with them for protection or anything like that.

1 Like

I own 2. A rifle and a shotgun. I use them for hunting. HOWEVER due to my illness I donā€™t keep them where I can get them. I give them to my stepdad for safe keeping in his safe, and he has the only key. That way I can only get my guns if Iā€™m going hunting and I never go hunting alone.

1 Like

itā€™s illegal in my state to be mentally ill and carry a firearm. I just wish I could have a gun ā€œjust in caseā€ someone tries to hurt us. but I doubt it so I will be fine. we have our dogs to protect us.

4 Likes

im making a nuclear bomb

1 Like

Iā€™d like a gun that shoots puffs of ecstasy and xanax.

1 Like

That is correct I have two pistols and a rifle and my girlfriend has three shotguns, a mosin nagant and a walther pistol. We have a pistol we have never even fired so eventually maybe weā€™ll get out shooting but itā€™s not the first thing on our minds right now. Pretty much alot of gun owners arenā€™t shooting because they donā€™t know when theyā€™ll get ammo next because thereā€™s a war being waged on gun owners right now.

I donā€™t think anyone on the site should be playing with guns though, itā€™s just not the thing to be doing with this diagnosis.

3 Likes

I have a catapult that I use to launch myself over the border to Mexico and pick up generic latuda.

2 Likes

How do they know that youā€™re mentally ill? If you donā€™t tell them they should have no way of knowing. I thought that hospital records and such were completely confidential.

What about ammos? Have you heard about RIP (Radically Invasive Projectile)?
http://www.gunnuts.net/2014/01/27/rip-ammo-radically-invasive-projectile/

1 Like

In the US if youā€™ve been committed that will show up in your background check because itā€™s a legal proceeding. I was committed, but when I was released I got a letter from the court saying that I was ā€œno longer mentally illā€. lol

2 Likes

Damn! No longer mentally ill? I wish I would get a letter like that.

3 Likes

Yeah but they were obviously full of ā– ā– ā– ā– 

1 Like

They wouldnā€™t give me disability at first because they said they couldnā€™t find anything wrong with me. I had to reapply and only then did they give it to me saying I suffered from "depression"
Meanwhile Iā€™ve had 8 psychotic breaks and havenā€™t been able to work in years. They only tell you youā€™re mentally ill when itā€™s convenient for them.

1 Like

when you fill out the application to own a gun it asks you if you were ever in a mental institution.

1 Like