Anyone on Paliperidone?

My pdoc wants to start me on this drug Paliperidone since everything else doesn’t work . It is not available locally at the pharmacies in fact he says he will have to contact someone who can import it. Long story short …
I was wondering if any of you is using or has used the drug before
What is the experience? What is it’s cost?

1 Like

I don’t heard about this drug before, is it a ap?

Yes it is according to the internet it is atypical ap

1 Like

Hi @chemwex I’M on Invega/paliperidone 9mg pills

1 Like

It costs like 100 in us dollars but I’m on disability and it’s free for me. I don’t pay anything. In my opinion it’s a good AP

Its not available in my country… its expensive as hell…!! May be 350$…!!!

1 Like

My doctor wants me on the injectable

1 Like

$350? Pills or injectable?

1 Like

I know injections are double the price anyway more expensive

1 Like

Yes I had used that drug. In India it is not that costly ie one strip of 6 mg tablets cost Rs75/- . I had used it to complement Aripiprazole. As far as experience goes it prolongs the Qt/Qtc interval which is related to heart polarization and repolarization. It should not be used with other Qt prolonging drugs and certain antibiotics like Gatifloxacin and Mobifloxacin. Paliperidone is a derivative of Risperidone. Hope your doctor tells you all this.

So we are looking at about $250 right?

1 Like

Yes exactly but I like pills :pill:

I don’t have any disability money so the cost of pills will bankrupt my family

2 Likes

I’m also on a pharmacy program called easy access and it makes my pills absolutely free. For schizophrenics in my country

2 Likes

How about the injectable how much is it in india

I think its cheap @chemwex … as @Andhrawala said … u guys also import medicine from india…!!!

Dont trust me it may be below $5 for 1 month supply… but its expensive in usa…

1 Like

I don’t know about injectables. I have never used them. My doctor never suggested to use injectables for me.

You are lucky then it’s the total opposite over here

2 Likes

@chemwex i am wrong about the price of invega …!!! its not more then 7$… holy cow u can afford that…!!!

1 Like

Yeah we import medicine from India like aripitas is from India