Anyone on Paliperidone?

Edit: the program it’s called Pharma access

1 Like

They may be a bit costly than tablets. They are used for people who are not taking medicines regularly. I never skip my medicines and my doctor knows it! Why do they prescribe injectables so frequently for you?

1 Like

I didn’t get any side effect from it except weight gain, also I asked the price when I was on vacation in Florida and they said… like 300$ maybe more but it was VERY expensive like I couldn’t afford it at all.

2 Likes

I don’t know why he prescribes it but I think it because of the long term cost we are not that well off. But it’s not because I don’t take my pills because I take them religiously

1 Like

U can afford it chem…!!!

1 Like

Is it $300 for the injectable? @Bokeh

1 Like

I asked about the pills.

1 Like

@far_cry0 I will have to ask where my pdoc intends to import it from. From India or from Europe / USA

1 Like

@chemwex u will get med from india and its cheap in india. .trust me…

Prolly from india ask him…!!!

1 Like

Thanks for the info

I was on Paliperidone 12 mg (max dose) and 1 mg Abilify until voices started breaking through that too, and out of worry I started doing Niacin megadose therapy to treat them. After a week of that therapy my voices went away pretty much entirely, and I was able to taper off taking the Paliperidone. Currently I’m just taking the Abilify, as well as 6-8 grams Niacin a day, which will be brought down to 3 grams in a month.

1 Like

Hi @naturallycured where are you from? How much is the injectable there?

1 Like

I also hope it’s India because of the cost @far_cry0 we ain’t that well off

1 Like

I’m from Canada, the injectable form of Paliperidone is free under Plan G, but otherwise it costs around $800. I was on the pill form though.

1 Like

Trust me they will import it from india…!!!

@naturallycured I am not insured am only on the national insurance (NHIF) which only covers inpatient and not outpatient so medication comes out of your own pocket i guess that’s the difference between the first world and 3rd world

Even in India it’s still expensive

1 Like

Its 116$ per month…!!!

Paliperidone is the generic form of Invega. Yes it is expensive although the price has lowered considerably. It used to be as high as $2,000 a month as Invega for the max dose of 12 mg. I do like how well the drug has worked for me and contrary to what some will say it works better than Risperdone because it’s a more concentrated form of it’s main ingredient and amounts to a stronger dose. It does promote weight gain however and it raises the risk of diabetes and heart disease just like all the drugs probably do. You have to skip a lot of pleasurable food in order to avoid weight gain. However keep in mind why you take drugs in the first place as schizophrenia is a terrible thing that makes life very difficult to live. Don’t expect miracles like the voices disappearing but if you had voices every waking hour like I did you may find it reduces those hours. I also needed sleep meds and anxiety pills as well but my illness may be different than yours. Good luck.