Anyone on haldol? Any side effects?

Im on haldol and i dont experience any side effects, besides some ticks and sudden muscle movements. I also read that it should be hard on sexual functions, but i did not notice anything changing. What is your experience with it?

I was on haldol for a while, had no side effects for several months until I suddenly developed akathisia.

How is that possible?

it’s called tardive akathisia, pretty rare though so I wouldnt worry

I was on 0.5 mg and later 1 mg for 41 years, small doses. Had sun sensitivity and my sleep got worse over the years, although that might have been from getting older.

1 Like

Were you only on haldol? Didnt use a 2nd Ap?

I was only on the small Haldol for 35 years. Took benzodiazapine add on for sleep for 6 years. Then added small Seroquel instead of benzo. Went off Haldol 7 months ago, on 100 Seroquel only now.

1 Like

I’ve been on 1mg haldol for 10 years. Actually some of the time was .5. What made you go off haldol? It’s worked the best of any of them for me.

1 Like

Yes that’s exactly the major side effect of haldol. It can give Parkinson like symptoms like ticks, tremor etc. Its contradicted in people who have comorbid catatonia like symptoms.

1 Like

I’m amazed that people say Haldol was even okay for them. Haldol was a living hell for me.

I went off Haldol to use Seroquel as monotherapy to try to improve sleep.

1 Like

Haldol rules :crazy_face:

1 Like

My hands shake on haldol. That’s about it though. I like haldol. I’ve been on it for years. A shot every two weeks. 125 mg