Anyone here recovered from food addiction, does it get easier at some point?

And how did it get easier?

Because I’m struggling atm, I am fighting it I haven’t given in, but it’s a struggle.

2 Likes

Is it one kind of food or all food in general? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

All food in general…

1 Like

Well if you don’t buy it, you can’t eat it. I feel for you, because I know it is not that simple. :tiger::tiger::tiger:

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I’m going strong atm, but that’s not so easy.

1 Like

Live with my family and they buy all kinds of stuff… But thanks yea… When I live out that won’t be an issue with their food

1 Like

Would they help you and work with you by locking up the junk food? :broccoli::broccoli::broccoli:

1 Like

The thing is that it’s just normal food aswell like cheese and bread just I eat too much of it. Like really thick layer of butter and way too much cheese for example.and 2 or 3 sandwiches instead of one.

I’ve decided to eat breakfast early… Its 1.16 am :smile: that might help. I’ll just skip breakfast When I wake up…

1 Like

I am sure you will find something that works for you. :kangaroo::kangaroo::kangaroo:

1 Like

I left college to work in a children’s home. The complete change of environment killed my food addiction. The whole purpose of the home was to give care to children and I found that comforting. Snacks weren’t available and didn’t even get thought of. With 263 children to keep us occupied, who needs to be addicted to food?

1 Like

Moderation is key. :zebra::zebra::zebra:

1 Like

Yea I’m thinking that when I’ve lost solid weight amount I will be in a more positive state so maybe I will feel urge to comfort eat less. Just wanted to hear from someone who recovered if that’s actually fact not fiction… But Thankyou for your kind contribution Graybear :bear:

1 Like

Yes, balance is key :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah OK so a change in environment, that’s what I really need once I am able to do that.

That’s nice that you worked in a care home. Did you work there for long, what made you leave, if you did?

I overeat because I am bored and can’t do anything other than staying in bed.

1 Like

So keep yourself busy.

1 Like

Thanks I will try to though I need a lot of relaxation time too. Due to meds.

1 Like

I left to finish up my college work. I worked there 7 months.

1 Like

The longest job I had was 7 years.

Glad you got to finish your college that’s a good achievement

1 Like

It’s amazing how filling a plate of vegetables can be! Seriously u would not necessarily expect it!
Carrots cucumbers and red Bell pepper. I think the fact that it is all raw makes it more filling. Anyway just thought I’d mention…

1 Like