Anyone here on abilify Dr wants to try me on it

Just wondering is anyone else on it or have been on it did it work well for you. I have been diagnosed as having mainly negative symptoms.

1 Like

I was on it for about 7 years and it worked really really well for me.

2 Likes

What made you come off it if you don’t mind me asking

1 Like

My doctor’s and I suspected I didn’t need the meds anymore because I hadn’t had any symptoms in almost 2 years.

Turns out we were super wrong and I spent the next year in and out (mostly in) of the hospital.

4 Likes

Oh sorry to hear that

2 Likes

i had a bad reaction to it :frowning:

my symptoms were out of control and it made it worse :confused:

Oh really they want to give me depot

You can’t know till you try it!

No panacea or better strategy. It is a newer med and probably better for certain negative profiles but sometimes it pays to listen to your doc. I’ve a great one…keep em when you find one!

1 Like

I had unbearable anxiety on it and had to come off

i’m glad i tried it though bc now i know and i didn’t take it for long enough,

I took it for about a month first, maybe i should have tried it in conjunction with another med but i didn’t like the idea of taking 2 meds.

and i agree with rogueone, we are all different, we come in all different flavours and ingredients so yeah meds will affect different people in different ways.

1 Like

I am on abilify. It gave me restless leg syndrome for the first two months.

And how does it go with you’re symptoms

My positive symptoms are gone. But in terms of other things… I sleep a lot, I have huge appetite, i have a short attention span, I can’t concentrate for long, I have low stress tolerance, I can’t exercise the same, my hair is thinning… The thing is I don’t know which of these are due to the abilify and which are due to the illness. But I think relative to other antipsychotics it is not bad because apparently it is not as sedating.

And as, @asgoodasitgets has already said these meds affect people differently but I personally do like to see if there’s a trend first

I told my Dr i don’t hear voices and don’t have delusions so he is trying me on it because my symptoms like not caring about my life abusing prescription medication due to negative symptoms so let’s see I guess

1 Like

And avolition and amotivation

Makes me volatile as al hell :exploding_head::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: but works for others

Yes. It works well with my psychotic symptoms, but I have put on a lot of weight. I don’t know of any second generation antipsychotic that doesn’t do this, though. I’d say, if you don’t have a psychotic disorder, avoid this stuff like the plague. For me, it’s the lesser of two evils.

I’m on aripiprazole. Before it I was on olanzapine. Aripiprazole helped me to lose weight and gave me more motivation. For the negative symptoms I take memantine.

@DelusionalSoldier…what is aripiprazole also known as?

1 Like