Anyone has good results with sarcosine

I’m thinking of asking my pdoc to allow me to take sarcosine

Has anyone taken it and did it improve your negative symptoms

Also what dose did you find effective?

No it didn’t, just gave me headaches.

1 Like

Try Abilify, it improved my negative symptoms but not cognitive symptoms (nothing improved this).

I think Rexulti and Vraylar can also improve negative symptoms as they’re like Abilify and don’t fully block dopamine like other APs, partial dopamine agonists.

1 Like

Yes, it gives me a mild cognitive edge. I notice the difference when I’m off it.

1 Like

Not anymore. I think I got all the benefits from it. I really liked sodium benzoate for tr sza. I just stopped all supplements due to the cost. L theanine gives me mood swings and depression for instance. It’s like playing fire. I don’t regret most supplement use. Like I loved Alpha Brain (nootropic) in the beginning but then it stopped working and actually just increases dopamine I think. My memory is good but my pfc and executive functioning sucks these days.

I had some magical experiences early on with supplements and meds like crazy improvements but they’re gone.

I think nootropics + adderall (dopamine increases) are like poison to me and messed me up for years.

Like I loved aniracetam and racetams but I think it made me so delusional, paranoid, and psychotic I was on another plane of existence lol.

1 Like

What about negatives - low motivation, anhedonia etc…?

Maybe a little. Not the massive boost everyone is looking for.

1 Like

I tried it for a couple of weeks. It made my negative symptoms 100 times better but it made my positive symptoms worse. Everyone is different though.

1 Like

I took sarcosine for years with good effects, but I had to stop recently because of a med change. It interacts with my new med and gives me insomnia. It was great for years though when I was on Geodon.

1 Like

I took sarcosine but didnt have any effect on it

1 Like

I am taking sarcosine + NAC and it works like a charm with no side effects! It helps alot with my negative symptoms, I can smile and laugh for the first time in years, I don’t know what to do with myself! I take a product called ProFrontal, I would highly recommend it to everyone!

1 Like

welcome to the forum @dmdarapt =)

NAC useful for cognition. Less impulsive errors.