Anyone go through DBT in therapy?

My therapist is using DBT techniques during therapy.
She texted me an Emotional Regulation worksheet for me to implement.

I’m kind of familiar with DBT and it’s supposed to be useful in psychotic disorders like schizoaffective and schizophrenia.

So far I like it.

Anyone familiar with DBT?

It originally was used on borderline patients but now it’s used for a variety of mental disorders beyond just borderline.

3 Likes

I did DBT with my social worker. I found that it really helped

1 Like

Ok thanks @anon2818416
I’m glad it helped you!

1 Like

What’s DBT? 1515

1 Like

Dialectical Behavioral Therapy.
It’s a form of therapy based on CBT.

1 Like

That’s a new one to me. I know CBT though.

1 Like

Dialectical behavior therapy ( DBT ) is a type of cognitive- behavioral therapy . Its main goals are to teach people how to live in the moment, develop healthy ways to cope with stress, regulate their emotions, and improve their relationships with others.

2 Likes

sounds interesting… didn’t hear about it before. What do you do practically with DBT?

1 Like

It’s supposed to give you more control of your emotions and thoughts.
I don’t know too much about it because it’s new to me.

1 Like

I did CBT and then DBT and I found them both incredibly helpful with my anxieties, my moods, and my sleep.

1 Like

This is good news!
Glad it helped you @Ninjastar

1 Like

Yes it definitely did this for me. Now when I feel a mood coming on I do my exercises and can stay functional enough to remember the mood will pass and I will have to face the consequences of whatever impulsive thing I do.

2 Likes

I rejected DBT years ago when I was erroneously diagnosed with borderline. Now, I’m no longer diagnosed with borderline and I don’t think I need DBT.

1 Like

I’m not diagnosed with borderline @SkinnyMe

DBT can help with various disorders besides borderline.

It can help with mood regulation as an example.

I tend to overreact and freak out a lot during stressful times.

1 Like

What’s DBT on therapy?

I don’t know a lot about DBT.
Hopefully it can help.

I’m going to ask my therapist next time, what kind of therapy techniques she’ll be using on me.

It may be a blend of different CBT and DBT techniques.

Hopefully it will help.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.