Anyone ever gotten rid of the voices they hear?

Anyone ever gotten rid of the voices they hear?

1 Like

No, not yet. For me it’s not a question of getting rid of them, but just learning how to cope with it. Hopefully there will be a new class of antipsychotic soon that does a better job for me. Trying glycine, but we’ll see

2 Likes

I can go for periods without them now. I have learned to cope effectively with them when they’re present (ignore them as background noise). I’m med-compliant and also do therapy and CBT.

3 Likes

@shutterbug do you have coverage for therapy, or do you have to pay for it yourself?

I have coverage for about 3x/month between wife’s benefits and mine.

3 Likes

I pretty much don’t hear anything except every once in awhile I hear a little music or a swear word. I used to hear a running commentary so meds have made a huge difference.

3 Likes

Yes I have!

They abandoned me :’(

Just kidding I’m glad they died.

Hopefully they are not in a sleep waiting to wake up.

I just watch my stress levels. It helps

3 Likes

I dont hear any voices most of the time its really rare when i do i am on antipsychotics in the meantime.

1 Like

Still hearing voices unfortunately

Yeah mostly… with meds.

Before they went I had an epic hallucination where the characters of voices got apprehended by the FBI… I still recall it… they screamed and yelled,

“They aren’t gonna believe you, but to me, you ARE god! Ahhhh…!”

They faded out.

I just get breakthrough voices since then

1 Like

After my first psychosis I was 6 months voice free. Since my second I haven’t been voice free again in 9 years.

1 Like

most of my voices are gone because of the meds

1 Like

My auditory, visual and tactile hallucinations are all gone. So is my delusion.

1 Like

No. I did not got rid of them.

I gave up coffee cut back on sugar eat healthy did a gut cleanse and take cbd oil and Im about 95% there sometimes I hear background noise but a lot of the time i dont notice much not 100% yet but I think cbd oil is the answer also health diet

3 Likes

You are very lucky for that. I never count my voices out because I always jinx myself and they come back. :joy:

I only very infrequently hear voices. And when I do, they are benign.

Mine have been gone since 2017. They started around 2002.

1 Like

Mine went away last year and never returned.
I did a lot of therapy geared towards voices.

In my home country, they use the Maastrich Interview

My constant voices left once I got hospitalized. They returned a little but only in the background and disappeared when I told an old lover it was over. ( The voice was of him ).

1 Like