Anyone else sleep way too much?

I have trouble falling asleep at night but then once I do, I’ll be knocked out for 12, 13 hours at a time and sleep through all three of my alarms :sleeping: I’ve heard sleep problems and sz are linked… I also used to nap every time I was feeling terrible when I was trying to wean myself off the self-harm habit.

2 Likes

Yeah. It is extremely common and some of the meds are notorious for sleep! That probably isn’t a bad thing for schizophrenics as we tend to have racing and busy thoughts but once you get symptoms under control it’s a beotch!

It’s hard but try to do some decent exercise. 30 minutes a day of brisk walking is good for you health wise but it also tires you out! I’ve noticed that i’ve gone from 10 hours a night sleeping to an average of under 8 and I’ve more energy and motivation!

It’s worth a shot and it’s good for you anyways!

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I didn’t even think about the meds being a factor since I’ve been on them so long but mine DO cause drowsiness… hmm.

I let the daily exercise routine fall to the wayside the last time I was in a bad place, but this is a good excuse to pick it up again, thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

The original meds like Thorazine just bombed you out of your head. They were called major tranquilizers but it was a way different world those days!

Newer meds are better to target things but they are still uber sedating!

I know it’s hard but try to get that exercise up. It will help you with motivation !

1 Like

I’ve been so bored lately that I’ve been wanting to sleep more.

1 Like

I sleep 12 hours and still wake up tired and depressed.

1 Like

Its my problem too. I have problems to fall asleep, but once I do it, I can go for a sleep of 14,15 hours etc etc… In fact, it could be a sign of depression or negatives too. Me, I have so vivid dreams that I basically live in my dream more than awaken up, so I have problems to wake up cause I like my life in my dreams… But for me to sleep for so long its not good…

1 Like

I can relate to sleeping through alarms… Especially if there was nothing planned for the early time. I don’t even remember shut off the alarm and even multiple alarms Dont do jack. Strangely if I have to work or be somewhere… One alarm is all I need and I seem to sleep lighter even before it goes off.

1 Like

I sleep too much as well. I sleep like 12 hours a day. No matter how much I sleep I still wake up tired. I’m in the process of taking a sleep study and finding out if I have sleep apnea. Hopefully I do so I can treat the problem with a simple machine. My alarms do wake me up, but I’m typically so sleepy I just turn them off anyway unless I have to get up for something

1 Like

I sleep like 9 to 9.5 hours a night every night. That is not too, too much. That’s just how much I need.

2 Likes

Ever since reducing my Paliperidone to 3 mg a day, my sleep is pretty decent. Not too long, not too brief. 9 hours, thereabouts?

2 Likes

I either sleep 10-16 hours or 2-4 hours. Seriously messes me up.

2 Likes

I’m going to sleep a little late tomorrow after a bad day. Yeah when I was first diagnosed and on meds I’d sleep for hours.

2 Likes

i sleep about 12 hours. im trying to lower my risperdal dosage

2 Likes

I take trazadone and I go to bed around ten pm and get up around ten am…I don’t mind sleeping 12 hours at a time…I love it when I am dreaming…

1 Like

I take zyprexa, and find it sedating. I sleep nine or ten hours. I have to get up early enough to walk one of my dogs before it gets too hot. I drink coffee to help me wake up, but not too much coffee.

1 Like

@AndrewJohn Yes it’s like that… seems like if my body knows I can sleep that long without needing to be anywhere, nothing can possibly wake me lol

@Anna1 It does seem to get worse when negatives are worse yes… and I was like you until suddenly I couldn’t remember any of my dreams

@anon89143308 Same meds! :smiley: I’ve started taking it in the morning, see if that changes anything (I’m on a low dose though)

Sometimes I take melatonin when I wake up so I can sleep more. I tried today but couldnt get back to sleep.

1 Like

i wake early mostly and i get up straight away, its almost robotic getting up for me lol, i woke really early this morning, about 4.30am but i still got about 6hrs 30 anyway i think lol

2 Likes

Sometimes I wake up at 3-4 am naturally and feel good sometimes I sleep 10 hours and feel like I need more. I’ve seen that the less I sleep the less i have the need to sleep more

1 Like