Anyone else have PTSD?

I might have PTSD and even our group leader today said I probably have it. I need to talk to a therapist, psychologist, or psychiatrist about it. It could be from my schizophrenia or an actual traumatic experience I had in college. I need a diagnosis.

I had anxiety, fear, stress, and paranoia sharing today.

I believe I have it.

4 Likes

I should have it given what Ive been through. But I googled it and I don’t.

3 Likes

Yes I have PTSD :cow::cow::cow:

1 Like

I have PTSD from 5 months of 24/7 solitary confinement without my meds. It’s been about three years since then so I don’t consider it an active problem. I was only let out of my cell for a few minutes each week to shower in a small shower nearby. Ice cold so I chose not to shower but maybe 2 or 3 times.

4 Likes

holy ■■■■ man! I can’t believe you went through that.

1 Like

Haha I know, it was hell, I don’t know how I did it. It probably did a lot of damage but I’ve been working through my issues and I’m doing a lot better, I go out and socialize like before I went in. For a little while after I got out I preferred confined spaces and slept with the light on. I should talk about it in therapy probably. I’m definitely not going to break any laws in the future, that’s for sure.

3 Likes

I was exposed to constant psychotic bombardments daily, both indoor and outdoor. I was barely able to contain myself. Since I’ve felt that CIA was performing tests on me, and I was being turned into CIA agent. It would never end, day and night. I’m better what not, but I still have a lot residue left. I think I had PTSD while I was at it. As some professional also told me once, although I never followed up on any of it.

3 Likes

That takes guts to say. I’m proud that you’re getting better. It’s a horrible delusion that I can relate to. I believe the CIA experimented on me too but in past lives or parallel universes. I still have some memories. I cant blame it all on them, some of it was aliens like the greys.

I have this past life delusion that I worked for the CIA and NSA in past lives, parallel universes. I guess it causes distress and paranoia. It’s a delusion though. I’ve suffered so much.

Thank God I dont work for anyone and I’m unemployed. I still have some memories and delusions about it but they’re going away.

I believe something bad happened to me in college in this life but there is no evidence. A group member said it could have been the men in black. Maybe the greys implanted memories or cover memories to confuse, frighten, and terrify me.

The worst thing is there being no heaven no hell. I believe there are aliens and we live in a computer simulation. I’m stable and I’m getting better.

1 Like

Absolutely, and thank you! A lot things you say mirrors me as well. I’m glad that you’ve changed your environment, and perhaps you’re on the path to recovery too. Take care yourself.

1 Like

My dad has it from working in navy and firefighting and i have some form of it from how my mum treated our family (she died 6 months ago and i still have nightmares about her).

1 Like

You’re lucky then

1 Like

Yes, I have it. My voices told me to swim across a large overflowing river and I nearly died. I found Zyprexa helps mask the PTSD well so it doesn’t bother me.

1 Like

I’m not diagnosed, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I had it given my symptoms. My mom abducted me when I was three years old, and ran with me across the country. I was missing until I was 4, when we were found by the police. There’s also the way my mom treated me in general while growing up, like telling me I’d go to Hell for lying about getting my homework done and that God would cause me to get severe brain damage for not taking advantage of my intelligence to learn my Bible verses for a church program I was in. And one of my suicide attempts in particular effed me up, because it was pretty painful, and my friends had called the cops on me who had burst through my bedroom window and knocked my door down, and physically stopped what I was doing while screaming at me.

@insidemind, my wife has / had PTSD caused by a traffic accident, so I’m familiar with it. Anxiety, stress, panic attacks, etc are the hallmarks of PTSD while fear and paranoia tend to be associated with schizophrenia among other symptoms. I am not a mental health professional. Get a proper diagnosis then you can get much needed treatment. Treatment can and will alleviate the symptoms.

1 Like

Yes, I faced a near death experience, convinced I was going to die.

the Ptsd has gotten better over time. I no longer get cortisol rushing up
from my kidneys during a stressful situation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.