Anyone been on Risberidone?

Yes but I hated it and switched. Also I’ve been on paliperidone which is similar to it. However my prolactin went very very high. I’m on aripiprazole now.

Risperidone was a good med for me. I’m on amisulpride now which works very well too. Those two meds worked the best for me.

1 Like

What was good about Risberidone?

1 Like

It helped with my positive and negative symptoms. When I first took it in 2005, I went into remission and two years later stopped my meds

After my relapse five years later I resumed it but discontinued it due to it being expensive. But had to take AP’S again soon after when in hospital because my moods were all over the place and i was aggressive and heard voices occasionally. They put me on amisulpride. That was 2013.

Amisulpride is expensive too but also worked well too so I stuck with it.

Without AP’S my moods swing wildly and I hear voices more and Alien the evil spirit in my head tries to control me. I get more suspicious of others too.

1 Like

Risperidone worked well for me. My mind was a mess and it really pulled me out. I did have to keep increasing my dose though. It can make you feel flat, and I also gained some weight.

But I was amazed at how quick and effective it was.

1 Like

I still had positive symptoms while on risperidone but now I’m on invega and they went away

1 Like

favorite med but i switch made me gain but i felt great on it.

1 Like