Any other meds like resperidone?

In terms of receptor function.

Yes, paliperidone is similar, but newer.

3 Likes

Thats invega right? Is there a pill one

2 Likes

I take Invega pills. The minimum dose is 3 mg. The max 12 mg. I take the max dose.

2 Likes

Oh interesting. I thought there was only the jab. I wonder how i would do on a low dose of that. Its powerful stuff

1 Like

Also, Haldol is pretty similar to risperidone

1 Like

I take invega trinza. They say it’s the same thing as risperdone. In fact my insurance wouldn’t cover the risperdone pills because it was the same thing as invega. So my doctor put me on fluzaphene or something like that. I don’t remember how it’s spelled

I have no idea what receptor function is… When my doc started throwing APs at me I remember taking resperidone and felt like I was gonna die and just kept trying APs til I got one that worked which was Seroquel. Had some side effects. But no idea why it worked. Now I’m on Geodon and Latuda and love it except having to eat with it. But the least side effects and I feel awake.

Wow I didn’t know that @Wave maybe that’s why haloperidol works for me, because risperidone did too

I wonder if amisulpride is similar to risperidone too, because they both increase prolactin and both worked for me

1 Like

Yap, similiar to risperidone is paliperidone, im on invega injection (strongest one - 12mg/day) effect could be exactly similiar but paliperidone has less extrapyramidal symptoms and make you less tired or doesnt make you tired at all. In some countries there is paliperidone as pills but i live in Finland and Xeplion injection (Invega) is what is offered here, btw. we get our meds free here.

1 Like

Haloperidol works wonders for me too @Hadeda
I’m currently on risperidone

3 Likes

@Wave, haldol has affinitty only for d2 receptors, while Risperdal has both serotonin and dopamine binding profile…

Resperidone is the only thing that works for me. Well that works and is managable side effect wise. Haldol, olanzipine, invega. All worked but super bad side effects in terms of weight. Haldol also gave me movement problems. Things like geodon, latuda, abilify all drove me crazy and i couldnt sleep or they didnt work. Im just wondering if all the ones that work are similar in terms of receptor actions. As different from those that dont. Just correlating in the hopes that maybe somethijg slightly similar to respiridone but with one different receptor action could make things even better. Ofc i always work with a doc on this front. But he doesnt have time to study meds.

They are not exactly the same but I was told by my doctor that they are “similar” whatever that means.

1 Like

It means both knock you out :slightly_smiling_face:…

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that the same scientist manufactured both Haldol and Risperdal

So basically as long as they double as a sedative ill be fine lol

Charts don’t lie…

3 Likes

Very illuminating.

1 Like

Yes they dont lie. But each of those profiles is very unique. It may not be the colours or receptors alone but the combinations. Very interesting.

1 Like