Anxietydrugs?

For someone who dont know.
How does it feel when you take them?
Are they hard to get?
Is it worth it?
Does the effect last whole day?
If you answer please say the medicine.

I used to take Clonazepam. But like all benzos you build up a tolerance to it and it stops working.

I take supplements now instead.

When I wake up I take :

One of these capsules

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-Sports-Beta-Alanine-Endurance-750-mg-120-Veg-Capsules/13949

2 of these capsules

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Doctor-s-Best-Suntheanine-L-Theanine-150-mg-90-Veggie-Caps/12959

2 of these tablets

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Source-Naturals-Broccoli-Sprouts-Extract-250-mg-60-Tablets/2456

And I don’t really have a problem with anxiety any more.

1 Like

Im not much for supplements thanks anyway.

1 Like

I found Pregabalin to be effective

Take Diazepam as well, but I don’t think it really helps me anymore. I just take it to avoid the withdrawals.

1 Like

I take .5mg of klonopin three times a day.

Have for a couple years.

It helps a lot with my anxiety, but I know I’m hooked and that doesn’t feel good.

If I could go back in time, I would have tried more alternatives before I got on benzos.

(In fairness, I did try lots of alternatives, I just wish I weren’t addicted to a medication.)

1 Like

I had a seizure from Ativan withdrawal. I met a recovering heroin addict who said don’t mess with benzos

1 Like

I don’t like the out of control sedation that Klonopin makes me feel.

I keep Klonopin on hand for Emergency reasons only.

Benzodiazepines are helpful for short term use only in my opinion.

If you are prone to drinking alcohol or have an addictive personality then benzos may not be for you.

There are other non addictive anti anxiety drugs like Gabapentin or Buspar out there.

1 Like

Zinc supplementation pretty much fixed my anxiety issue. I take 30mg zinc citrate and 3mg copper citrate

1 Like

Im gonna Ask for pregabalin, thank you

1 Like

Are you afraid of withdrawals?

Ive heard about benzo addiction.

@Joker what dosage of Diazepam are you on. I also use it. I drink 2.5 mg almost every night. My pdoc says it helps me to sleep.

1 Like

At the county mental health I go to, benzos are not allowed. Only Buspar and antidepressants are allowed

2 Likes

Threw my months supply of 10mg Diazapam down the bog.

Was absolutley off my face on them. Really bad drug. Its only just under a week - and im craving them.

They seem worse than the fcking cravings for beer :frowning:

1 Like

But are antidepressants effective for anxiety?

They’re horrible. I tried to come off it too quickly a couple of months ago and it was hellish

1 Like

I take 10mg a day plus another 10mg if I need it

2 Likes

Yes antidepressants are effective, I’m on Lexapro and it reduces my anxiety by 70% without giving me sedation or addiction like benzos.

3 Likes

We’re you on it for long? I have pretty much been on and off them for about 8 years

2 Likes

Nah mate - only about a month. Just goes to show and bring out my addictive personality.

I prefer the sertraline 200mg - i was on that for 8+ years, but when diagnosed with sz, they whipped me off em, and bunged me on quetiapine 25mg twice day prn instead.

Valium tho - jesus - sounds bad, but i could murder some, thats why ive thrown them away.

1 Like