Schizophrenia.com

Anxiety and antipsychotics

One of the reasons for me to seek help when I was ill was because of anxiety apart from the delusions and paranoia and psychosis. I used to get so anxious that I crawled on the ground and roared like a lion from the pain in my chest. Then I got diagnosed. A few months into treatment I was using Clopixol Depot. I still had severe anxiety at the time so I asked my psychiatrist for a tranquilizer to which she responded that Clopixol is a tranquilizer. I had zero insight at the time on delusions, paranoia and psychosis and I just wanted the anxiety to go away. Another few months passed and my anxiety has disappeared. Today I’m using Abilify. My question is…did you also experience such intense anxiety and what meds relieved it for you or did it also go away with the use of antipsychotics?

The anxiety was awful when I first went psychotic. I was fearful of the devil and the experience was intense…I just got totally knocked out on anti psychoticsw…a good anti psychotic for it would be Largactil in syrup form…its very soothing but you can only take it in hospital for qa periosd of up to two weeks as it has side effects.

1 Like

Fellowman, Abilify gave me intense anxiety

1 Like

I had terrible anxiety when I became psychotic. I still have anxiety and take Klonopin for it. I mostly have anxiety about driving, and also about school.

1 Like

I take Klonopin too - good med for me

Anxiety was what forced me to stop working. I couldn’t even make it half way to work without getting sick to my stomach. The weird part was I didn’t know that I was nauseated from anxiety, I thought something was physically wrong. I guesses the anxiety crept up on me so slowly I didn’t know it was that much of a problem. And of course the majority of the anxiety was caused by things that weren’t even real (eg. Cameras, spying, malicious plots…etc.)

Now the anxiety is caused by this CONSTANT feeling that someone official is going to come to my door to take me away, and I don’t even know why. Also, hidden cameras in my apartment and noticing patterns that seem suspicious seem to be my latest obsessions. I usually just take a mg of Lorazepam to calm down a little when the anxiety gets to me, I don’t take APs because I’d prefer to take as few manufactured chemicals as possible.

1 Like

Wave I have heard from many people and also read a lot about the fact that Abilify can cause anxiety. I’m on Abilify since August last year. If my anxiety resurface I will then know who the culprit is. Thanks for the advice.