Antihistamines and schizophrenia

My overdose was on an antihistamine wen I tried to kill myself.
Thought I could get myself to sleep and die

2 Likes

Here’s case report of natural Quercetin antihistamine used as augmentation agent in schizophrenia

1 Like

Hello. I like your topic. I find myself as well antihistamin helps. I am not sure 100percent of my diagnosis and I am new to this site. Last year I had kind of psychosis when I had racing thoughts, anxiety, panic attacks, I stopped eating, sleeping and I was always telling myself stupid things with my own inner voice. I do not have halucinations, or hear other voices. When I had psychosis I was immediately scared I have schizofrenia and I was scared I could harm other people. I was always scared of mental illnesses in the past. Psychologist did roscharch test and diagnosis was psychosis with signs of schizofrenia. I got rispen 1mg, I could not handle when psychiatrist increased dose in 1 week to 2mg. I stopped medicine and I got bad side effects. I was dizzy, restless for few months. I could not believe I have something to do with schizofrenia and my friends said its rubish as I did not act crazy. I went to 2 other psychiatrists they thought I have depression I got some antidepressants Citalopram it helped me with panic attacks and I used Ambien to sleep. I started to be more paranoic scared that other people poisoned my medicine. Citalopram and Ambien made this paranoia worse. Then lucky was when I used l-theanine instead of Ambien. That was great. I visited last psychiatrist I am with her now she took me off Citalopram it made me feel bad. She was observing me for some time and she said I am on border of pychosis many times and I have something to do with schizofrenia,but its not pure schizofrenia maybe something similar to schizoactive that is what I found reading on internet. She suggested I should try neuroleptics Abilify 10mg. I still did not take it I am very scared of it. So far I use only Omega 3, l-theanine, B vitamins, B9 vitamins, I got from neurologist 40mg Gingo Biloba special pills called Tebokan. I as well have 4 types of herbal drops that is from detoxicologist that helped me with that strange thoughts when I was telling myself over and over strange scary stuff. This thoughts decreased 80 percent, many days I do not have them, but I do feel strange. I have concentration issues. When I had psychosis last year I had problems to read and watch TV now this is much better. I have polen allergy and when I started to take my medication antihistmamin Rupafin 10mg I had huge relieve. Few days I felt happy, gingo biloba pills helped me as well. I felt more energetic and it helps with anxiety. I found as well there was study done in Scandinavia psychiatrists proven antihistamins to be effective for schizofrenia, but so far no farmaceutical company made pills for schizofrenia based on antihistamins. I said it to my psychiatrist she said she knows of this study, but it was just one study and she said I should take antipsychotics. So far I am scared to take antipsychotics based on my bad experience with meds last year, but I need something. I still have racing thoughts, sometimes anxiety, I sleep worse sometimes I wake up in night scared I saw something in my room, I get concentration issues. My moods were up and down and I had suicidal thoughts a lot. After taking antihistamins now my moods are better. I mean I do not cry every 2nd day. Still I know I need help, but I am really scared to try Abilify. I am scared it will make me feel restless and my sleep will be worse. I did job recently, now I look for new job. Last year I did not work since my psychosis. I started to work just when I finished meds and used supplements. To be honest I am so scared now how my life changed and I am scared about the future. Since last year I felt my life was ruined. I had good life so far. I am 38years old and now this crazy times. I as well did a lot of sports I still do. Not sure how it will be once I start Abilify. Any ideas ? Here article about antihistamin

1 Like

I just started taking quercetin it is anti inflammation so Im mainly taking it because I have inflammation in my brain and Im hoping that reducing it will reduce my symptoms as well

1 Like

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Volunteer Moderator