High histamine and schizophrenia

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17349864/

I have high histamine and apparently 20% of schizophrenics also have high histamine. Histamine causes allergies. When I was taken off of my antihistamines that’s really when I broke. But once I was put back on it, I started to gain some insight.

2 Likes

Are you using hydroxizine or benedryl? The military loves to prescribe those.

Hydroxine, it works well for anxiety also.

1 Like

Yea it’s some good stuff. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Don’t take too much though, or you’ll get high. Not a good feeling, I speak from experience.

1 Like

If anything I have low histamine. I can’t take antihistamines or I get really bad restless legs and pain.

3 Likes

Why were you put on antihistamines?

1 Like

Benztropine for side effects and diphenhydramine for sleep. I can’t take either of them.

3 Likes

Doesnt Seroquel act as an anti Histamines ?

2 Likes

I’m not sure, but hydroxine is a pretty effective antihistamine

2 Likes

I take an antihistamine regularly anyway because of chronic allergies. I wonder if it’s why I have a mixed grasp on reality.

2 Likes

Benadryl or Seroquel give me restless legs big time. I think it’s cuz of anti cholinergic activity?

3 Likes

Have you ever tried magnesium for RLS? I take it and it works really really well.

2 Likes

Yes.
“At very low doses, quetiapine acts primarily as a histamine receptor blocker (antihistamine) and [α1-adrenergic” - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetiapine

1 Like

Thomas?

THanks for the info!!

Who were you , did u change username man.

That pic looks familiar !!!

3 Likes

For sure. I take it, weird though because I still get allergies and take Zyrtec in the summer. But I remember being told by my PDoc that Serqouel alone isn’t super effective at treating allergies, even though it does act as an anti-histamine.

Nope, just me :stuck_out_tongue: Been thomas on here since day 1.

2 Likes

First ap was discovered accidentaly by Henry Laborit by using anti-histamine chlorpromazine.

2 Likes

I haven’t. I shall give that a try thanks :blush:

2 Likes

I have year round allergies, ughh… Our woodstove gets me in the winter.

1 Like