Another Video

Takes about 5 seconds to start.

I listened to less than two minutes of that video, that’s all it took for me to realize that the guy is clueless. I want those minutes of my life back please.

1 Like

He was called the "Timothy Leary of the 90s and President Richard Nixon once described Leary as "the most dangerous man in America.

What do really mean?

What do mean by this?

Yeah, i’ve seen the one’s the shaman see, several of them actually.

But they are evil, very very evil, evil meaning that there is no love in them and it is not a reason for anything they do or how they think or feel.

Shaman and them, they seem to be good buddies and everything but im no shaman.

Sometimes the spirits shown in graham hancock’s “angels, aliens, elves, and ayahuasca” just torture and kill people, even children.

The shamanic initiation has nothing to do with what they did to me, i wasn’t initiated into anything but rather i was inwardly slaughtered and tormented, they show up every once in a blue moon and just hurt and scare me to, even physically harming me twice.

They want me to end my own life, they have made that clear.

They are the same ones telling jani to jump off of buildings, and who told becca that her family was going to be hurt so she left in the night to go save them, and the ones hurting the teenage girl while she screamed “im not alone in here!” all on youtube.

â– â– â– â–  spirits, and â– â– â– â–  shaman.

Schizophrenics aren’t shaman, same spirits though it seems, what does that tell you about them.

Ok, what I am emphasizing here is a possible consideration of what appears to be a viable healing modality, in addition to modern psychiatry. What I think Terence expresses quite well in his lectures is the over emphasis of positivist, reductionist, Aristotelian logic in America, and Occidental culture in general. This dependence on intellectualized Cartesian dualism has excluded from popular culture, the more holistic healing approaches and beliefs that have been found in nearly all cultures before the Age of Enlightenment. What I am saying is that shamanism as a healing and spiritual practice may afford people with schizophrenia, people with religious experiences that lie outside the traditional cannon of christian theology, or otherwise non-traditionally thinking people with preternatural experiences, a way of understanding and healing which modern psychiatric care does not seem equipped to provide at the moment.

As I have mentioned in previous threads, I personally know a shaman whom I went to a number of years ago to receive shamanistic training. I also experience all the typical symptoms associated with schizophrenia and would likely be diagnosed as schizophrenic by any qualified psychiatrist, as would my shaman friend I am sure.

During the course of my visits to train for shamanism, I have come to greatly respect and admire this man, as he has shared information and insights with me I have found quite valuable in life. Through this training, I now acknowledge the possible efficacy shamanism may have for helping individuals with schizophrenia. Hence the videos I have posted. I will clarify however, that this does not necessarily infer that all schizophrenics are shamans - though this may be the case, I can not claim it outright. What I am suggesting however, or rather offering as an opportunity for discussion and consideration, is the possibility that shamanism - due to its spiritual and holistic approach - may be able to help schizophrenics where psychiatry can not. This does not preclude psychiatry from all effectiveness within the psychophysiological domain, it merely suggests its ineffectual approach to healing people with the current model it uses.

Schizophrenics are not shamans. If you had any idea what schizophrenia is really like you wouldn’t even consider the idea.

1 Like

As I think I mentioned in my previous post, I experience many symptoms associated with schizophrenia which I think would likely lead to my diagnosis as schizophrenic by any qualified psychologist/psychiatrist (e.g. I hear voices throughout the entire day, I used to smell things others could not, I have what would likely be classified as delusional beliefs, and many other symptoms besides).

Perhaps I did not express my contentions as clearly as I could have, but as I will mention again, many of the traits I have read, seen, or heard exhibited by shamans seem parallel to those exhibited by schizophrenics. What I believe one could gather from the literature, is that these similarities in experiences may intimate a possible co-identity between schizophrenia and shamanism. This, I will repeat, does not imply an unalterably shared identity between the two, only that some schizophrenics, if not all, could possibly be shamans. Furthermore, shamanism seems to me a viable form of healing for people with schizophrenia as it incorporates the belief in a spirit world. Thus, the shaman could perhaps heal the schizophrenic through his or her conscious interaction within this spirit world, which may or may not have something to do with the experiences of an individual with schizophrenia (I for one feel that everything is spiritual in a sense). I am not saying that our hallucinations are invariably real, as they may be fabrications of our own mentation, but that they may sometimes, at least in part, have something to do with this spirit world shamanic practitioners appear to be quite familiar with.

I don’t entirely rule out the existence of spirits…but I also believe we cannot know what is incomprehensible to us in this life anyway if it even exists…

I am finding I am becoming more and more skeptical of everything the older I get…there’s a quote I like that I think defines this stance…I can’t remember the exact words but it’s something about being able to contemplate a thought without accepting it as truth or rejecting it as false…

There are more modern quotes of a similar nature but this one I speak of is either ancient Roman or Greek I believe.