Anonymous Poll: Are you married or in a relationship?

• Married
  • Intimate Relationship
  • Other Relationship
  • Single

0 voters

I’m single and I think a relationship would just be hard work for me, so I’m not really interested in one.

Which is just as well, because a 53 year old schizophrenic doesn’t have much of a chance of getting into a relationship anyway.

One of my main regrets in life is that I never had a proper long term relationship.

I lived with someone for 2 years but we never really clicked and I should have ended it sooner.

5 Likes

I’ve been in two intimate relationships back before I turned 35. I’m 63 now. I picked Other Relationship because I have a really good, close friendship.

1 Like

Single, 27 years old. Never been in a relationship. Sz started at 22.

3 Likes

I’ve been single for years.

1 Like

Hubby and I will be celebrating our 15th anniversary this year.

8 Likes

Single by choice. I have an open invitation with someone for a relationship, but I have no interest in one at this point in my life. Just sounds like a lot of work to maintain. Then I would have to go out, drive over to her apartment, talk on the phone all the time(which I’m not a big fan of) etc etc. Its just not something I’m interested in starting at my age :older_man:,

2 Likes

I’ll be married 13 years in March.

8 Likes

I’ll be married 20 years in September.

7 Likes

Lived together 10 years before married and then married another 16 so far :grinning:

6 Likes

I was married for 7 years, now happily divorced

2 Likes

When I was first hospitalized, the social worker bawled out my mother for neglecting my sex education. I was in such a desperate fog about it, got molested and that scared me for good.

1 Like

I’m happily divorced. Never say never to a relationship but life has other plans. I got a good break years ago so spent a decade helping pay back my parents. It’s only dad now so I still help out where I can and it works for us both.

My last real relationship was 18 or so years ago. I still kept in touch with my ex till recently but in my life I just didn’t have the opportunity to really find anyone else. A lot of that was my doing as I don’t mind the single life as I’ve gotten older.

6 Likes

Single here.

It’s not like I am putting much effort into it, but a relationship would be nice

Have some serious trust issues though, which makes it super hard to commit to even basic level friendships

4 Likes

I know I have nothing to offer in a relationship. I wish I did have something to offer. But also, I mainly just miss when women were interested in me (by looking at me and smiling).

2 Likes

I’m not technically married, but i’ve been with my partner for 15 years, so it is a bit more than an intimate relationship in my opinion.

4 Likes

I’ve been single for a few years now and I’m really liking it. But I am best of friends with my ex-husband and see him every day so I don’t feel lonely usually. The only need I have that isn’t being met is cuddle time, but that only comes up once in a while, I’m not super duper cuddly.

2 Likes

Single since 2005. Not expecting to have another relationship. Was with someone 22 years. Married nearly 19 years. She’d have been 88 today.

5 Likes

Just celebrated 22 years of marriage.

8 Likes

Age 50 and single never had serious relationship was desperate for boyfriend in late teens early twenties but was ill from teenage years had no friends partly because my dad was in the army. But I had no hope of meeting someone. These days I’m not fussed.

5 Likes