Angry for your illness

Do you feel angry and guilty for allowing the first psychosis to happen to you?

I remember everything and blame myself for not being strong enough to get through it all. As for me, as soon as I take the first medicine, I felt more sick, and i begin to make more problems.

I am very calm now. But there are many triggers that can make me fall into psychosis again.

2 Likes

Yes I do feel like I could have handled my first break down better.

Yes, I just did some stupid sh-it that lead me to trauma and psychosis! I could have avoided it all and been sane today.

Yes. There were influences of immature people around me so I don’t blame myself entirely.

I am not angry about having schizophrenia. I’m grateful that I didn’t wind up with something worse.

1 Like

Nah, sh*t happens.

1 Like

I couldn’t change much as it was going to happen anyways. I’m not angry just a bit sad about some wasted years but stuff does indeed happen.

4 Likes

Drugs. Huge mistake.

1 Like

I’m not angry. I think given my ambitions and genetic predisposition it would have been unavoidable. I’m just glad I didn’t do anything that would have given me a criminal record.

4 Likes

I felt insecure as every one was planning other than me…
It was suppose to work the other way.
But my brain had different plans.

Im still coming to terms with it. Its been five years but just as velociraptor said above , “could have been worse”

1 Like

There were people before me in my family with schizophrenia and with me being a rh factor baby and the abuse my father did to us his family it is what it is. I ain’t angry just disappointed.

I used to feel angry early on in recovery about getting sz. mainly because I lost my career in architecture…accepted all that now and very happy.

1 Like

No use being angry at yourself for things outside of your control. My first episode happened after i dropped LSD and yeah ive kicked myself for it before but now i understang my drug use stems from unresolved trauma, i didnt choose to develop sza. Just in the same way someone with trauma can develop unhealthy eating habits and develop diabetes or become a smoker and get lung cancer.

2 Likes

I am a bit angry still and often guilty yeap…
But i was a dead soul before i find, not even fighting, neither protesting against my unhappiness :confused: Well, its time to accept the sz now and be happy i find lol…
I just had decades of total, chronical sz, where i wasnt seeing the light… But maybe its my mistake, i made suffer my family… :frowning:
But its not entirely mu fault, maybe some genes, some abuse etc… But its time to move on, we are not alone with the sz, we can be happy, for real :slight_smile: .
Hugs

1 Like

I am angry at my dad for his tough love way of life. It is toughening me up and keeping me disciplined as I just want to exist and and have my way and take a complete break from life.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.