AncestryDNA Results

65% England NW Europe
25% Scotland
4% Sweden
4% Ireland
2% Norway

My father was Cajun French from Louisiana, and my mother was English as far as I know. My grandmother was supposed to be German, but it doesn’t look like it shows up, unless Germany is NW Europe.

3 Likes

How cool is that!!! My mom took one and found out she is part Native American. How cool is that. Are you surprised by your results?

1 Like

Well I didn’t know if my father was the man mother was married to or the one she had an affair with. Looking at the results, my father is the one she married. Rather than surprised, I was relieved that my sister and I have the same father.

3 Likes

My sister is doing genealogy family research. The DNA results talked about my family being Cajun. I guess I should have taken French in High School like my sister did.

I did that test. My results were…

10% Scottish
10% Irish

and…

80% Jackass

4 Likes

Well that’s a comfort to know for sure. I want to take the test. There is no way I could ever track down my biological parents.

1 Like

Yeah okay…interesting

1 Like

Very cool, Mike.

I checked my update and I got 41% Scottish.

Go Scotland!! :smiley: :unicorn:

4 Likes
1 Like

Do you get any of these?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they’re inaccurate. Me and my sister got nearly the same results. We have different dads. 100% sure of that.

1 Like

They’re good at a continent i level i.e distinguishing European from Asian ancestry. They’re not so good at a Dutch vs German level.

It’s said the best guide to your ethnicity is your cousin matches. In my case,as expected,British and Irish are the majority. Then there are Scandinavian and German with a sprinkling of other European matches .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.