An example of my social skills

I have been in Finland 15 years after I returned from the US, I still have not able to have any friends, I suppose it is our illness, being unsocial. Well, I had no real friends in the States when I lived there.

3 Likes

I only have a couple of friends, but I make no effort and the older you get the harder it is to make new friends.

2 Likes

I’ll be 50 in this year, probably nobody comes to my birthday party, I suppose some of us are meant to live alone, one gets used to it after many years. When I lived in my auto in Miami and elsewhere I had just one cat which I left there when I left.

1 Like

I dont have any friends right now …!!!

I visited my father again, he is not doing very well and one never knows when he sleeps away, any way here is a photo of myself and him today … he was much better two years ago …

7 Likes

I would come to your birthday party @mjseu if I lived in Finland.

2 Likes

I could post an old photo of my grandfather’s 50th birthday, he had many people in his party … I suppose I am just different, thanks any way …

1 Like

yours papa looks like okay to me …!!! u look good as well …!!

I have been able to lose a lot of weight because I exercise a lot … this exercising makes me also feel better …also I have not smoked tobacco in the past nine months … good for my health …

4 Likes

You have the same chin as your father, @mjseu :smile:

1 Like

like father like son …!!!

1 Like

Actually i have not the same chin, I do not know from where I have inherited my chin, but we have the same two color eyes, green and brown … I am the only person who visits my father regularly, my brother has not seen him since 2001, my sister sometimes visits him … i suppose I am a good son …

6 Likes

Sometimes it bothers me that f.ex. my brother has not visited him in the past 16 years, and still this my brother have recently wanted to have some relationship with me (I have not seen him since 1994, 23 years), they are in China, getting a lot of money and still somehow he thinks that he can just walk into my life just like that … it bothers me sometimes …

u dont look 50 at all u look much younger.:slight_smile:

That is what my psych person said recently …

1 Like

I think the hardest part is sometimes actually wanting friends and feeling lonely, but being unable and/or unwilling to do what it takes to maintain friendships.
I have a few co-workers whom I eat lunch with everyday. They’re my friends, but now that it’s the end of the school year I can’t wait to not have to see them every day. I won’t call them or see them all summer. I need that!
But there will be days this summer that I’ll feel lonely. I still won’t call them…

4 Likes

I had friends in the past that used me and caused me lots of stress. I stopped having friends.
I don’t feel inclined to meet people anymore nor have friends.
I rarely ever talk to my siblings (they live in other states).

2 Likes

I only have two close friends. And one has terminal cancer and the other MAY have cancer. All the rest of my “friends” are mere acquaintances. I have no idea how to turn these acquaintances into close friends. I’m not close to my sister, who lives in the same city as me. And my brother lives in another state.

I m sorry they have cancer, I don’t have much advise when it comes to relationships

1 Like