America is a nightmare, medical debt torture

After battling with insurance companies and a hospital for debt worth $90,000 over two psychiatric stays for my schizoaffective disorder I finally was able to get it written off. Now, from investigating and doing research into my credit report I’ve found out that I have a debt worth $29,000 over probably a psychiatric stay I had back in 2018. Why does America torture the most vulnerable of its population. Have you ever had similar happen to you ?

1 Like

Yes. It’s one reason why I don’t want to go back to the ward. The last one cost me $20k.

2 Likes

Also I heard you guys have to share with other patients. Not the case in the UK

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve been three times, and this was true for all my visits.

2 Likes

I have to pay 40% of all my medical.

It keeps me from getting the care I need sometimes.

My husband still needs a special kind of scan after his cancer and we can’t afford it.

They want us to pay 8K, upfront.

2 Likes

It’s a horrible system and I don’t comprehend why Americans tolerate it. I’m Canadian, hospitalizations here don’t leave you with debt. Don’t understand why this isn’t universal.

3 Likes

I am absolutely shocked too. I don’t understand why every single American is not revolting against this. I cannot believe this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.