Alternate opinions about your mental health

So yes you’ve been told your sick. You’ve been told it’s chemical imbalance, mixed with genetics and circumstances. But what do you believe is wrong? Not what you’ve been told but what you think based on your experiences.

For me. I have done a little research and just payed attention in general. So I believe that stemming from a deep mis trust in people based on events I had in my life. I created my own reality. Then parts of my psyche broke off and they took on their own momentum, keeping me prone to that state. Now if I can only reverse engineer this process.

Please post your ideas.

1 Like

It’s just dumb genetics. Think what you like it won’t change anything. It’s seductive to think it’s all special. That there’s secret meanings in our experiences but I know for a fact it just isn’t so.

Spend time in reality. Better than wasting your life chasing shadows.

2 Likes

Eh it’s all just talking really. Thinking out loud. You don’t have to believe in it either way. A good philosophy is to believe and think what you need to to keep yourself going. Personally this is my way of doing that. Just thought others might feel the same. I tend to think we are more then just “material” BTW the thing is shadows chase me. Not the other way around. Reality is long gone my friend.

2 Likes

I believe a brain injury or substance abuse (or sometimes both) causes NMDA receptor dysregulation, resulting in schizophrenic symptoms. Kynurenic Acid plays into it somehow, and possibly adrenochrome.

I also believe it’s fixable in this lifetime.

2 Likes

It’s also wrong to promote silly theories that can influence people who aren’t doing so well. Sick is just a blanket for psychosis and other disorders. There’s simple medical explanations for it. As I say. Do what you feel like doing but respect that medications and psychiatry work for a lot of folk. What you offer doesn’t.

Rogue chill lol. I’m not peddling anything. I’m not saying anything against meds or simple diagnosis. Just personal opinions. My anti med and psychiatry days are over. I’m a good schizophrenic.

1 Like

I hav read before that some studies hav shown that in poorer countries they r more likely to recover permanently then in countries where we can afford meds. Even tho this study freaks me out I Am not recommending ne one should ditch their meds and waste another year of their lives in a phychosis ward

It’s an illness, it’s treatable.

I’m still kicking ass and chewing bubble gum.

:triumph:

4 Likes

If I fart: “maybe the whole theory of chemical imbalance is wrong”, people here will flag me as crazy. What I can say is: question everything. Do not accept anything as true. High science is full of flaws. Just be aware of it.

P.S.: if you feel tempted to flag my post, I would suggest you to do your research as well. I’m not talking non sense. I have studied a lot about chemical imbalance and scientific data of what people call schizophrenia. Stop hating and start reading.

1 Like

Yeah, you are. You’re giving the worst possible advice and it will damage people. The periods of my life where I questioned medicine and played with my medications are the ones where most of my relapses and poor progress with my SZ happened.

Give your head a shake.

As I said, start reading about other perspectives instead of just acknowledging just one perspective. There is a huge denial of different perspectives here in this forum.

Anyway, information is free.

If I get separated from my meds, I’ll be a worse a**hole than ever. How unhappy that would be.

Jayster

1 Like