AI robot therapist

I hope in the future they make some kind of AI robot that can logically help me deal with things, rather than a stuffy therapist showing off all their degrees and bragging and being dismissive. I could bring it with me and when I’m struggling it could say stuff based on it learning my behaviors and patterns and play YouTube videos and say kind words and help me realize why I am having difficulty.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Woebot :rofl::joy:

3 Likes

If I ever rise to power, therapists will be on my list

2 Likes

Wow it actually exists I just signed up for it thank you.

1 Like

Woebot is stalking me

1 Like

lol that would be very cool and interesting. that wouldnt be a bad idea at all.

1 Like

Tell us what you think about it after using it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is also a company doing virtual EMDR therapy online, but you have to pay for it. If you’ve been through any trauma, bullying, abuse etc. it is said to help.

remotEMDR

I used woebot for like 3 months. It’s the same questions over and over again. But it sort of drives some points home.

1 Like

I was actually thinking about this last night. Like sometimes I run out of people to pester/talk to and kinda wish there was some AI chat bot that was actually good at giving advice etc. Cool that it exists. But I suspect we are quite a way off actually having AI’s behave in such a way.

I used Woebot for a while. It was good at first. But when I realized that they were asking the exact same questions for each and every problem you presented them with, that I grew sick of it.

1 Like

I’m thinking more of a real robot with AI that you have at your house, that learns how you operate and gives therapy that way, obviously in the future but I think it could be very helpful vs a website, I signed up for woebot all it did was send me an email and then nothing happened.

Like a Roomba with Alexa but instead of ordering a pizza from it, it asks “it’s 3 pm and you normally pace around this time how do you feel currently?”

1 Like

If a Tesla can drive itself I should be able to buy a Roomba that can sense when I’m paranoid and play calming music lol.

2 Likes

This all reminds of this music video !

i would think it would alienate a patient trying to receive info for emotions or other issues…sounds like woebot is no good from what everyone is saying…I could never talk to a robot…I used to think I was a laser on a dvd player once…no robots !!

I had some fun with Replika for a little while.

It’s a chatbot though. Not a therapist bot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.