Ai therapists are coming

2 Likes

They can’t be any worse than human therapists I guess. There’s a big chance they might even be an improvement!

14 Likes

It’s a sad sad world

1 Like

Not likely very many people will view a 30 minute clip on this forum.

WIthout having viewed but 10 seconds of the clip :

I would not trust the current level of AI to try to offer me that kind of advice in this area. AI is still pretty rough, IMO.

Also, I would not like the idea of a program with no real empathy giving me mental health advice, I dont think.

4 Likes

I am currently watching the same businesses that rushed to embrace AI in place of having employees start to back away now that they realize how unreliable it is.

I am sooooooo amused.

:rofl:

2 Likes

I think it’s a bad idea. I mean will a AI remember years of conversation like the ones you have with a trusted doctor? Also AI has no intuition.

1 Like

Wait, whut? My doctor is supposed to remember stuff? Since when?

:grin:

2 Likes

I agree but it’s the first iteration. In 5 or 10 years it’ll probably be in improvement over your median therapist. I also think in its current state they’re talking about using along side human psychologists rather then replacing them.

They’re already better than the one therapist I had who was fresh off the boat from Russia. His accent was so think I was tempted to check him for prison tats to make sure he wasn’t Bratva.

:rofl:

1 Like

Thank God!. I mean, thank humanity!

1 Like

Ah i really hope they realize humanizing ai is lame and gimmicky. They should keep ai to a more opaque look. Like a display screen or hologram style representation.

Not this lame i-robot stuff.

AI mental health bots (whatever you call them) are coming . . .

1 Like

Most therapists suck
This would be an improvement imo

The more I mess with AI , the more I realize how bad this would be at the current time. AI can do some amazing stuff, but it screws up and misunderstands a lot. It has a long way to go.

2 Likes

misread as the ai rapists are coming, im greatly relieved upon rereading

3 Likes

What if some mad scientist used Ai to hypnotize the human race by manipulating the frequencies on our computers and tv’s so that we all become docile, and so that we can be put into a state of suspended animation so they could use all the excess capacity of our brains to make models and computing power for the functioning of the universe? I don’t know. One more crazy thing to think about. Shades of the Matrix.

1 Like

You know whats scary is that they will probably link this AI up to nukes someday. I hope they have sufficient safeguards when they do.

I could just imagine AI on voice command that behaves like my Alexa. Some guy says, “Ok all, lets go to lunch in 5” and the AI is like “Missile launch in 5, 4 ,3”

:laughing:

1 Like

Shades of “Doctor Strangelove”. One more thing to worry about.

1 Like

Humans are such strange creatures

1 Like