Aesop's Fable 11 July 2017 (last one for a week)

The Farmer and his Sons

A farmer, being at death’s door, an desiring to impart to his sons a secret of much moment, called them around him and said, “My sons, I am shortly about to die; I would have you know, therefore, that in my vineyard there lies a hidden treasure. Dig, and you will find it.” As soon as their father was dead, the sons took spade and fork and turned up the soil of the vineyard over and over again, in their search for treasure which they supposed to lie buried there. They found none, however; but the vines, after so thorough a digging, produced a crop such as had never before been seen.

Industry sometimes pays unexpected dividends.

3 Likes

is the old farmer a dick for using unclear wording? or are the sons dicks for digging for the treasure of their father before he is even buried?

and no more stories for a week… nooooooooo!! lol

1 Like

lol! We’re heading to my home town. My sister has planned a party for the wedding. And I’m catching up with friends which I’m really looking forward to.

1 Like

oh yea I knew that sorry… I hope you all enjoy it and congrats again…

1 Like

Thanks Flame, that means a lot to me!

1 Like

as does your friendship and stories turtle I wish you well… I wonder if Aesop has a turtle and a fox story lol…

1 Like

Wow that would be cool! I haven’t read the whole book yes so it’s possible! Maybe we could write our own fable with a turtle and a fox.

1 Like