Acetecholine and ocular myasthesia gravis

well, lucky me, I went to the doctor today and got a diagnosis code for ocular myasthesia gravis. I have some lab tests and an EMG to do, but the doctor seems pretty sure I have ocular MG, I believe it too.

ocular MG after a 125 mile bike tour, plus I’ve been diagnosed with Sz. I say I’ve had psychosis after a summer of biking, and in August when it’s 90 degrees, I’m psychotic within a week after a 30 mile hot bike ride (I’m 48 years old mind you), and ontop of a somewhat minor lazy eye

the interesting part is that MG is caused by an autoimmune disorder to block acetycholine, and blocking this AcH neurotransmitter would also cause Sz, the disease of the hour for this Discourse software.

so, seems we’re on the right track, I hope we find a way to stop this autoimmune problem I seem to have, perhaps some of you have it too, you just haven’t rode your bike 70 miles in a day to prove it like I did

thank you to everyone for sharing their experiences with psychosis, it’s been really really helpful for me to hear from others like me

here’s the research on Th2 and Schizohprenia being an autoimmune disorder too
http://vixra.org/pdf/1204.0070v1.pdf

5 Likes

So are you saying you do not have SZ? or your autoimmune disease caused the SZ? I am a bit confused

• glad they got to the bottom of it though

seems I have both I guess

I think the Sz is from my immune system attacking my central nervous system,

Sounds kind of scarey and also hopeful.

I’m glad that you have something to work with now! Very interesting information indeed.

I wish you the best for the journey you are about to begin!

2 Likes

I am glad that you have some answers now @NiceHat It must be a relief in some ways to know what you have :sunny:

1 Like

Interesting research. I would believe that schizophrenia is an autoimmune disorder, because stress can lead to autoimmune disorders. I thought he was from another country, because his English is sometimes very bad.

1 Like

he is, he is from Taiwan it says.

I think this is it, when I exercise or I’m stress my Sz gets bad, I put it on a calendar, and the Sz I’ve had the past 2 years flares around August, when it’s 90 degrees and I’ve been biking for several months. Like I go on a bike tour called RAGBRAI, that’s 500 miles over a week, 70 miles a day.

By the end of summer, I’m psychotic as hell.

here’s some more info on MG, MG only covers communication with muscles, not the brain. Sz seems to cover the brain problem, but that’s my opnion as the patient. Like I get really frighted the pdoc won’t listen to me about my physical issues, they think i’m hallucinating instead, scares the hell out of me in the hospital, and then I can see the MG gets worse instead of better, because I’m scared as hell nobody will listen, that’s why I call them ■■■■■■■ bastards .

NIH website on MG http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/myasthenia_gravis/detail_myasthenia_gravis.htm

What causes myasthenia gravis?

Myasthenia gravis is caused by a defect in the transmission of nerve impulses to muscles. It occurs when
normal communication between the nerve and muscle is
interrupted at the neuromuscular junction—the place where nerve cells
connect with the muscles they control. Normally when impulses
travel down the nerve, the nerve endings release a neurotransmitter
substance called acetylcholine. Acetylcholine travels
from the neuromuscular junction and binds to acetylcholine receptors
which are activated and generate a muscle contraction.

In myasthenia gravis, antibodies 

block, alter, or destroy the receptors for acetylcholine at the
neuromuscular junction, which
prevents the muscle contraction from
occurring. These antibodies are produced by the body’s own immune
system. Myasthenia
gravis is an autoimmune disease
because the immune system—which normally protects the body from foreign
organisms—mistakenly
attacks itself.

yes it is, but the neurologist yesterday started down the path on how serious it is, I go back on Friday for more tests, and I’ll ask him more questions. :frowning:

1 Like

like here is a woman I went to high school with her MG, when her immune sytem attacked her lung muscles. this was last year