Absolutely sick of the paranoia

Im getting fcking pissed off with the paranoia now. Its making me drink heavily to self medicate and im tired of it now. Why just cant i relax. I know there is nothing i can do. Ive just had enough now, i cant even go for a pint of milk in the shop now without thinking they are out to get me. Im buggered if im going to put up with this for the rest of my life. I will just quietly do my self in with no drama one day i swear. Cannot cope with this.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you are having such a rough time @Naarai.
I’ve had my own problems with alcohol in the past too. And to be honest, I sometimes fear that I will go back to drinking if anything happens to my girlfriend, she’s the one who helped put an end to it and when she’s gone I might just go right back to it.
Maybe a med adjustment should be considered. Or a med change. It took me most of my adult life to get to where I’m not so much bothered by my symptoms and have tried many meds over the years.
The only real advice I could give you is to discuss it with your psychiatrist, maybe he or she can help you find an appropriate treatment if you let him/her know what’s going on with you.
I wish you the best and hope you can feel better soon.
If you feel like you are going to harm yourself, please get help. Please don’t give up, in time you will find your way.

2 Likes

It can get better. It got better for me. My paranoia is under control now. Don’t give up. Tell your doctor what you told us.

3 Likes

@everhopeful
@eighteyedspy23

Thank you for the kind words. I have already mentioned it to my shrink - but he wont do a med increase until i cut down on the drinking. This new psychiatrist i have does not seem to be too understanding. He seems to think the drinking is affecting the efficacy of my depot injection.
Im gonna speak to my social worker this week - see what he says. thanks.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for you @Naarai. I too suffered from excruciatingly emotionally painful paranoia all of my life and I am here to tell you that with your doctor’s help, it can be overcome. Please contact your pdoc and tell him/her just what you now told us. Please. And yes, you do need to cut out the alcohol. Alcohol interferes with the meds abilities to work.

1 Like

It’ll get better bro. I been having a hard time with the paranoia too man. I feel like ppl are always out to get me.

1 Like

I get tired of having to think about certain things all the time. I might have OCD according to some past doctors. But it is so tiring having to react to the voices 24/7 and can get me considerably unfocused.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.