Abilify/Rexulti vs Latuda vs Vraylar

Which one is better? Whats your dosage?
I had positive symptoms on 80mg Latuda and 120mg was too much akathisia but I wonder how 120mg would be with Benztropine for akathisia.

My cognition was better on Latuda but had less emotions than on Abilify.

@anon28145038 How are your cognitive and negative symptoms on 9mg Vraylar vs 4.5mg Vraylar+40mg Latuda?

1 Like

I’m on 120mg of Latuda, and 3mg of Vraylar. It’s a pretty good combo for me. I used to be on Rexulti, but it was so long ago, I forget why I came off it. Never tried Abilify.

1 Like

In what way these are better than Rexulti? Rexulti is similar to Abilify my Dr said.

I’ve taken abilify and latuda before. Not together. They’re not bad meds they just weren’t for me. t hope those meds work out.

1 Like

I didn’t have much luck with Latuda. Vraylar caused my leg to swell up, so I wasn’t in it King enough to see if it would work or not. Abilify worked okay the first time I tried it, but after I went off it the first time it never worked again. It also caused some pretty severe hypersexuality and risky behaviors.

1 Like

Is it because you still had positive symptoms on them?

I honestly forget why I came off Rexulti – I just think it wasn’t working for me. No side effects or anything, it just didn’t help with my symptoms.

Latuda and Vraylar are a great combo for me. My paranoia and delusions are down, no side effects, and my negatives are somewhat under control (they’re still there, though).

2 Likes

Yeah I had positive.

1 Like

[quote=“LED, post:5, topic:230207”] Abilify also caused some pretty severe hypersexuality and risky behaviors.
[/quote]

Same for me, its why I stopped it. I wonder if Rexulti would do the same as the FDA has hypersexuality/impulsion/addiction warnings for Rexulti too, not just Abilify. Why did you stop Latuda? It didn’t work for positive symptoms?

It didn’t work and after a month and a half I had gained 40 lbs.

1 Like

I’ve tried aripiprazole, cariprazine, and lurasidone. I’m currently taking 74 mg of the third, and it is also the one that has worked best, but I am concerned with depression rather than psychosis.

-Albert.

2 Likes

So no sz cognitive and negative symptoms?

Well, I think Latuda has some positive cognitive benefits for me. I am less disabled now I guess since I just volunteered for being a paid helper for my step-dad. I plan on getting off disability soon. It’s just temp work. Since I started volunteering, I showered and brushed my teeth a little more frequently instead of like once a month or two…lol.

I think i like 4.5 vraylar and 40 mg of latuda better. I feel like once you get past 6 mg of vraylar, there’s less effectiveness overall. I feel like the positives are a little more manageable. I went from 10 monsters to 5 monsters to now back up to 8 (less than 10 still) since I started working.

I feel like having latuda + vraylar hits more neurotransmitters, has a better mood stabilizing effect, and clears my head a bit. I still am a â– â– â– â– â– â–  up person and guy and still disabled somewhat, but have improved overall. People in my family have seen my improvements, but I still got 100+ yards to go.

1 Like

On 80mg Latuda I was working full time for 10 months in my mother’s accounting office. I was on it for a year. Her friend is the boss.
It was hell though, some positive and catatonia symptoms. Also akathisia and nausea after taking the pill. Then my Dr prescribed Wellbutrin and I became suspicious and paranoid of ppl at work so I quit and never came back.

I wonder if its worth it to go back on Latuda and work given all these side effects, what do you guys think? I have a feeling that overall I feel a bit better than when I was working while on Latuda.

Latuda akathisia gave me insomnia and everynight I woke up with akathisia for 1-2hrs.

Sounds like the wellbutrin did it. Early on I was on heavy meds and was less functioning. Latuda was good, but got weak, I was on 180+ mg of Latuda + risperdal. I notice the improvement in IQ and stuff with Latuda before and now. It’s all situational with a lot of factors. I can only take cymbalta for AD. Rest give me psychosis or whatever. I also felt like Latuda didn’t work for the longest time but now it does. You gotta take it with food and stuff and I felt like aliens were targeting me back in 2015/2016 or something and the meds just didn’t work at all back then…now they do.

1 Like

I have more restlessness on vraylar and less restlessness on latuda. I can feel it. Less anxiousness and anxiety. More calm and sleep better at night.

1 Like

My cognition was best on Latuda, I was able to hold a full time job in accounting. The boss and my mother were surprised by how I almost never made errors compared to others newly working there.

1 Like

I’ve seen cariprazine is meant to be quite good?

1 Like

Apathy and cognitive impairment, yes, but I regard them as symptoms of (bipolar) depression/burnout syndrome. Maybe I should also mention that I have ADHD, because that’s another disorder causing cognitive impairment.

-A.

1 Like