Vraylar's efficacy?

I made a thread about this but no one knew anything about it. Anyone knows or has studies about Vraylar’s efficacy vs other antipsychotics? Is it more or less effective than Abilify and Latuda?

I still had positive symptoms on Latuda 80mg. Maybe I should try 120-160mg?

My negative symptoms were better on Latuda. I think even better than on Abilify.

I’m on 3 mg of Vraylar, but I honestly forget why I was originally put on this med. I’ve been on it awhile, lol. But it does work for me – and works great in conjunction with Latuda 120 mg. I still have a lot of anxiety, but I think that’s just from the illness. Paranoia and delusions are pretty mild. Negative symptoms are mild, too. No side effects that I know of

1 Like

Why did they add Vraylar? 120mg Latuda wasnt enough for positive symptoms?

Do you get any akathisia from Latuda? I had bad akathisia from 80mg. I tried 120mg and the akathisia was just too much to handle.

I couldnt find any studies comparing Vraylar’s efficacy to other antipsychotics. I just found articles showing that Vraylar is effective for sz.

1 Like

Not sure why they added vraylar. I was on 80mg of Latuda originally, then they added Vraylar, then they upped my Latuda dose from 80 to 120 mg.

I only had akathisia from risperdal. I’m good on Latuda, it’s a great med for me.

1 Like

I actually dont have any akathisia on Risperdal. I guess we all have different body chemistry.

1 Like

If it becomes available to you, I’d say give Vraylar a shot. It kinda takes the edge off the positive symptoms. But everyone is different, so keep that in mind. It might work for me – but not for you.

1 Like

Thanks @anon49063606 15

1 Like

No problem. I’ve been on 1.5 mg and 3 mg of Vraylar. I found 1.5 to be slightly too weak for me – so they upped it up to 3 mg. And it’s been just about perfect.

2 Likes

I’m on 9 mg of Vraylar. I tried 12 mg once or twice by accident and it didn’t work. 6mg is the max FDA recommended dose. I smoke and drink a lot and am over weight so I figure 9 mg acts like 4.5 mg or even 6 mg for most folks.

It keeps me home and away from doctors and hospitals. It’s good enough for me. It’s not perfect. I tried Caplyta, but it didn’t work out. I would love to do both: Caplyta and Vraylar but haven’t found a doctor willing to do it yet. Maybe some day. It’s not that hard. It’s an insurance issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.