8 weeks since stopping haloperidol

Its been 8 weeks since I last injected with haloperidol. I feel alright, haldol caused me parkinsonism and problems not feeling the emotions. It feels so relieving having emotions again. I also had severe memory problems, I barely remember the last 2 years i was on haloperidol, pretty scarry!

2 Likes

Yeah. Not remembering long periods of times is definitely scary. I’m glad you’re doing well. Are you taking a different AP now?

1 Like

Yeah Im on Invęga sustenna now, how is the Invega for you?

1 Like

I just started a higher dose today. I was having to work really hard to stay sane and tell myself everything was from an illness. I mean I always struggle with that, but my goal is to not just say it’s an illness but to fully believe it. I still see people following me etc. as of this morning I’m on 9 mg now

Yeah im on equivalent 9mg of invega sustenna (100 mg). Did you stop haldol cold turkey and started Invega?

1 Like

Yes. I was on the shot so my pdoc said that it would gradually lessen while building up the Invega in my system

Did your pdoc said how long until haldol injection fully weans off?

1 Like

No. Unfortunately. Should I ask?

Dunno, I am interested in knowing, forgot to ask my pdoc

1 Like

When I Google it I’m seeing multiple time frames so I’m not sure which one is the most accurate

Same here, I found this helpful

So basically you should start feel the difference from 6 weeks from stopping and most effects gone after 12+ weeks

1 Like

Ok. Got it. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.