2nd day working at Subway

Went better because my coworkers trained me a little bit. But when it was just me and one other lady she left me alone for a little bit and I was trying to find her because something was ordered that I didn’t know how to make. I just made what I thought would be right. She came back 10 minutes later smelling like weed. So frustrating. But overall I learned some things tonight. It’s very hard on me because I didn’t know who there was spying on me tonight. And I’m not used to the job yet. I’m struggling with some things so I hope I get it all right soon. I’m still feeling discouraged like I don’t know enough fast enough. I really want to quit due to the stress. It’s making me feel really paranoid about things.

6 Likes

You are trying and that is all that matters. :panda_face::panda_face::panda_face:

2 Likes

What if my best isn’t good enough? I have brain lesions and a previous closed head injury that make it very difficult for me to remember things so learning the subs is tough. As is all the other things I need to learn. My memory is horrible. And I’m not good enough

1 Like

Only day 2… If you stick with it you will form a routine and be able to manage random tasks that come between your routine tasks :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Try for another day or two. Then decide if working from home is easier.

1 Like

You are forming new habits. That is always work. But pretty soon, you’ll be able to put those subs together without even thinking about it. :slightly_smiling_face:Shame on that woman for abandoning you.

3 Likes

Congratulations on making it through day two and making improvements. Keep going and your tenacity will be rewarded.

2 Likes

Thanks @Leaf 1515

2 Likes

best of luck with it Pianogal. I really admire you for doing job work that is great stuff. give it a while to see if the stress goes down maybe as you adapt to the job? i hope you get free food, hehe

1 Like

Thanks @anon90843118. I get a free 6 inch sub, bag of chips and unlimited fountain pop. I get a 20% discount for everything else.

1 Like

Well, I’m not surprised it’s difficult. Being new at any job is difficult. Sounds like you got unlucky and have not only a manager who doesn’t do her job well but now an unhelpful, irresponsible co-worker.

Most of my 20 or 25 jobs took longer than two days to learn. IDK what to say except I’ve had jobs where I only lasted one day but on the other hand I’ve had my current job 7 years and everything in between. Life is a crap shoot at best and so is finding the right job. Don’t let a job put you in the hospital but give yourself a fair chance to try and stick it out. Yeah, two days is not enough to learn any job I’ve ever had.

2 Likes

You’re right. I need to give it more time. I do have an interview Sunday for a cashier position. I plan to go. I think it would be a lot easier to do after 6 years of not working.

1 Like

Do you get any free food? I love Subway. The cookies are slammin’.

@agent101g I get a free 6 inch per shift, as well as a free bag of chips and all the fountain pop I want.

1 Like

Do you have a favorite sub yet? I love the tuna, plus my own favorite custom sub which is turkey and bacon with pickles, vinegar, salt, pepper, and mayo.

Congrats on sticking with a job, I know it’s hard at the beginning.

1 Like

Thanks. I like the veggie, the pizza sub, and the turkey sub.

1 Like

I didn’t know there was such a thing as a pizza sub, I’ll have to try that.

It’s got salami, pepperoni and marinara. I get it with mozzarella cheese, green peppers, black olives and jalapeños. Toasted with the veggies already on it.

2 Likes

sounds delicious

1 Like

Hang in there. Proud of you for getting out there and trying and sure you’ll improve and get more confident.

1 Like