First day at work today

It was overwhelming, but I got through it. The manager said she’s bad at training so she just had me start making food and would tell me if she noticed I was doing it wrong. But she was making food too so she didn’t pay much attention to me, which stressed me out because we were really busy and I didn’t want to do it wrong. But I asked questions as I went, and hoped for the best. I hope I learn everything I need to know quickly. It’s embarrassing to be put on the spot in front of customers. I want to give good service. Anyway, I didn’t enjoy it, was very stressed out, but I survived

21 Likes

Yay ! Good for you ! It’ll get easier as time goes on.

2 Likes

The fact that you care about good service and wanting to learn is huge, congratulations. Best of luck on your job and future.

5 Likes

It’s a Really Troubling “weakness”.

Remember,Those Who Truly Care. Without Reasons to Be Suspicious of. Need Not Worry.

1 Like

Thanks @lofifunk, @everhopeful, @ATARI

2 Likes

Good for you. Hope you learn quickly and it gets easier for you. :pig::pig::pig:

1 Like

Happy, Hungry, Funny PIGGIES (!!!).

1 Like

Thanks @GrayBear!

1 Like

Glad you got through it. I always found it gets easier as your confidence grows. Well done to you.

1 Like

Thanks @rogueone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope it gets better and better. New jobs are usually stressful for the first bit but don’t be hard on yourself. Good you are asking questions!

2 Likes

Thanks @FatMama

1 Like

The million dollar question is: Do you get free food?
That’s what I’ve always loved about working in restaurants; Sneaking food or getting free meals on breaks. When I was a prep cook at a nice restaurant my station had all the tins in front of me filled with sliced roast beef, turkey, olives, cheese, peppers etc. I snacked all day. Anyways, first days at jobs can be pretty hectic when you don’t know much about the job. Once you learn the routine and where everything is, it gets a little less stressful. But hey you did it!

1 Like

I get a free 6 inch sub each shift, plus a bad of chips and a fountain drink. Beyond the 6 inch, I get 20% off everything else

1 Like

heck yea i need to apply for subway… this is subway right? free subs :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Thus Reminds Me of ZELDA Fairies… :pensive:

Hopefully Your Day at Work Was Better, @Pianogal… . …

1 Like

Yeah. It’s Subway and I get a free 6 inch each shift.

1 Like

I work again tomorrow, not today

Oh!,

Okay, That’s Cool,

Be Sure to Rest,

Resting Can Be Difficult… :pensive:

1 Like

I will. I’m hanging out with my daughter tonight so that’ll be nice