2 weeks without washing!

the last hour has been confusing,
mrs sith either pushed me into the shower !
or i volunteered, i am unsure !
but i now smell like a butterfly on a rose !
" fly butterfly, fly !"
take care

5 Likes

Damn they made you shower, thats awful!

I enjoy getting in there and just sitting down with the water as hot as i can stand it, and i just sit there for an hour.

2 Likes

Reminds me of this:

1 Like

hey sith, you are again delusional, its the smell of soap not a butterfly, call your pdoc;)

1 Like

A shower would do me in. Last time I tried a shower I nearly died. I’ll stick with baths. I’m getting a bit paranoid about when my sis takes a shower. Because when that shower noise happens, I keep thinking I hear someone in there talking to her.

There’s no one in there but her she says. I have to believe that… But she keeps locking the door so I can’t check.

2 Likes

I get paranoid when i take showers, i keep thinking i hear the bathroom door open and someone is watching me. The only person though that does that is my partner. I hate people watching me while i shower, or i start thinking that there are cameras spying on me. I took a shower two days in a row so i must not be that bad off but i’m paranoid that i stink and that out weighs the other paranoid thoughts. I can’t stink, the voices control that part of my brain and tell me i stink and that i’m ugly unless i scrub as hard as i can.

1 Like

we really should wash more,

my hair gets really matted and my head starts itching if i dont wash for a while.
and i start to smell bad.

and i always lock the door even if nobody is in my house

1 Like

The smell of eucalyptus bubble bath makes me want to get a bath twice a day. :bath:

3 Likes

When I first had a short period of hearing voices (once only during this one shower in 2008) it was like a calm radio show making comments. Yes I felt a bit insecure, but I kept going, because I remembered that beauty or ugly is in the eye of the beholder. I looked around for cameras too.

If you feel like someone is looking at you give them a funky dance or something. It is on them for looking. Don’t let Schizophrenia take away your shower time.

If you have a smartphone or tablet you can download a relaxing music and sounds app. If you are on a computer you can probably find running water sounds to listen to on YouTube, so you can condition yourself to not be concerned.

4 Likes

I just took a shower after 4 or 5 days of not showering - I feel clean again. Now if only I had the energy to shave :neckbeard:

3 Likes

I generally shower every other day but I can go up to two days without one and I look and smell awful. I tend to sleep in my clothes sometimes as I’m afraid of being attacked while I sleep again. Sometimes I’m on top of showering, sometimes I’m not but I never go back to the bad old days of leaving it two weeks and just washing my hair. Xxx

1 Like

Good for you for washing. I’ll bet you feel a lot better.

1 Like

sure sign of depression my friend hope you can tame the black dog! tc

3 Likes

Probably a bit of both…?

Ok, this reminds me now…I’ve been out in the garden and hauling dirt around, getting my hands right into it…

the soap is calling…!

1 Like

I hate my bath. It is too narrow and shallow(water saving?). I wish i had a shower. The rehab team enquired but the council/social services would only fit one if physically disabled(sit down one?)

1 Like

do u live in a council house firemonkey? if u do, u can ask fir a shower instead of a bath when they do the refit xxxx

They refitted the bathroom about 4 years ago. No option was given for a shower or else i would have asked for one. The old bath was much better. With the current one i can’t lie back properly and feel hemmed in. Mostly i strip wash.

That is a pretty awesome idea.

1 Like