What dose of Latuda is helpful for you?

I’m on 80 mg right now with no side effects. I used to take it in the past but it had side effects then.

What symptoms is it helping with? How long did it take to kick in?

Thanks for reading.

1 Like

120 mg ive been taking it for 3 years and I’m not sure how long it took I was on a low dose for awhile but then had problems and had to increase until I got to 120

2 Likes

When I was on it I started at 40 mg, then got doubled 80 mg. It was fairly effective at 80 mg, but after a while I refused to keep taking it. If I remember right it left me feeling/looking flat.

2 Likes

160 mg max dose, works really well for all of symptoms.

I take lamictal 100mg to stop the shakiness I get from it.

2 Likes

I take 37mg and it takes off all my voices most of the time. Been on it for like 2 months or so and am happy with it so far.

2 Likes

It can take up to 3 hours to kick in.

I discontinued it because it made me feel really dopey and I had to go back to school.

2 Likes

I am on 111mg and it works great. Only problem is I have to eat about 8pm as within an hour the restlessness is so bad I struggle to get to sleep most nights.

I am trying to get prescribed something to stop this at the moment.

I was on Olanzapine for over two years and put on 30 kilos. Been on Latuda for 2 years now and I have lost 10 kilos.

I was very angry that I was left on 20mg of Olanzapine for two years without follow up from anybody.

2 Likes

I was on olanzapine which made me gain 20 kg but I believe it was a better medicine for me.

Latuda makes my jaw clench and it may be to activating for me and is not calming like olanzapine seems to be for me.
Latuda makes me more hyped and the jaw clenching hurts and feels aweful.

I have lost ten kg but the jaw clenching etc is not ok so I hope to come off it soon.

I will cut tablets in quarters and so forth and come off it slowly.
Maybe try with out medication or try another med or back on olanzapine but if so only a crumble.

1 Like