What are your emotions like?

2 Likes

6 Likes

Nowadays I just seem to be flat. The best positive feeling I can get is a tepid feeling of pleasantness like how you might feel if you find a quarter on the ground.

Off meds my emotions are so incredibly chaotic. I can go from feeling confident and everything is pretty good to everything is horrible just let me die now very quickly. I fly into a rage state at random things. It’s hard. Generally happy times don’t last long for me. And the negative emotions are so powerful I can’t stand them which is what leads to the sucidality.

My mood was not so chaotic until after my first psychotic episode when all that traumatic stuff happened. Before that I did struggle with depression but it was not nearly as intense and I had literally one major depressive episode in 4 years vs after going into episodes constantly. After that first psychosis everything just went to ■■■■, excuse my French.

when in depression I feel awful. when hypomanic I feel great. usually I feel nothing, I am dead inside…

My emotions are pretty good now. I have some moments of ups and downs but I’m getting better at recognizing and countering them, finding balance, self soothing and such. I made some changes: gave up alcohol, improved diet and med change of dose. learned some coping skills ( changing activities, examining thoughts, communicating better, balancing things) just more aware of how myself, thoughts, activities, things ingested can effect my moods (emotions).

Normally I’m quite stable can be a bit moody but not severe, I’m not bipolar
When I have negative symptoms I feel no emotions just dead
When I have positive symptoms like voices my emotions all jumbled and agitated I cry and pace and rock.
But most of the time (about 60%) I’m ok.

what emotions? 1515

1 Like

Ticking like a time bomb ready to go. :timer_clock: :boom:

1 Like

off meds my mood is all over the place. i rapid cycle. as i switch moods the delusions change. when im not psychotic my emotions are flat or depressed. i used to be angry a lot and fly into rage but meds seem to help. now i only get mad at myself

how often do your negative symptoms affect you?

I’m laid back and relaxed not too low not too high, just kind of steady as she goes. Some might call it numb but I really do feel happy when hugging my wife, the rest of the time I’m just waiting to hug again :hugs:

1 Like

It comes and goes. Depends on my stress levels and sometimes even my time of the month. I’d say at least once or twice a week. But some of the negative symptoms like lack of motivation last a long time. I struggle with that almost every day. It’s affected my desire to write and paint but I can still read books and enjoy cooking.