Cycling down towards depression - again

This morning I woke up irritable it could be part of irritable hypomania - a few hours later I crashed down into a depression, it was pretty low. I am so sick of this crap, when will my brain get fixed. It seems that Lamictal is not doing the job its supposed to be doing. I see her this week, thank goodness :cry: This is the second depression this week

1 Like

I hope you feel better soon, Wave.

1 Like

I’m so sorry this is happening to you. Definitely sounds like a med switch or adjustment is in order. I’m sure between you and your doc, a solution will be found. Hang in there:)

1 Like

Thank you both @lovemyson and @Intrepid I really do appreciate your kind words

Do something kind for yourself today, put your feet up, relax…watch some FIFA?? Good cup of Tea or coffee??
Hope things pick up for you today…and you feel better.

Oh my gosh, this sounds so much like the crap I go through! Just had a terrible manic/pseudo-psychotic episode, feared I’d crash into depression. Every year, I get more erratic and unstable with my moods. I’ve switched from overemotional depression to mania and anxiety just by telling myself to do my homework to stabilize my emotions.

Personally, I don’t feel that mood stabilizers like Lamictal and Depakote really work. My experience with inflating levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin seemed to stabilize my moods very well, but 5-HTP is not taking and I can’t afford enough liquid stuff or even get enough because it’s restricted. Of course, everyone is different. One person I know said that Haldol stabilized his moods. Forget that! Invega does less in my brain, I’m sticking with it. No side effects other than weight gain. Stinks.

By the way, I neglected to say: I’m sorry you’re going through this crap. It’s impossible when you feel like you’re all over the place, and depression is horrid, I’m afraid of it- It got me again in January and February. I finally got stable in May except for anxiety due to working a lot of hours, then another bloody episode!

Thanks @csummers I am taking easy today on the Summer Solstice - my birthday. I am watching FIFA and trying to relax with cinnamon coffee- thanks again

Thanks @Poser yes depression sucks I will be talking to my pdoc this week

Make sure you check out the creativity forum wishing you a HaPpy HapPy BirThDaY!

1 Like

i hope today is better.
take care

1 Like

I hope this depression leaves you soon.

1 Like

Funny, I felt depression too today, it took few hours, but then is disappeared after I had some refreshments. Sometimes the mind just operates like that.

1 Like

Wave if your having depression often, look into neurotransmitter testing, its expensive but its worth it. there are neurotransmitter imbalances that can cause depression and the lab usually recommends the supplements to take. so many mental illness are caused by imbalance of neurotransmitters… before I couldn’t watch sad stories, I was avoiding to talk about someone tragedy, now only being treated for a month, my depression is gone, my emotions are firm. my guilt feeling is gone, my self esteem is improving. my anxiety is reducing. and its only a month of supplementing, usually it takes minimum 3 to 6 months.

2 Likes

Dear Mr. Wave,

Rob, I do hope you feel better today and that your taking it easy. I can only imagine how frustrating this is. Your doing everything right. I hope you and your doc will come up with some answers soon.
I hope your birthday yesterday was a good one.

1 Like

Mindwhisperer, did you actually have such testing done? If so, where? I’ve tried every avenue I could think of- just doors slamming shut in my face because no one wants to help.

Neuroscienceinc.com. Take a look at this web site and you can contact them and request health practitioners in your area that works with this lab, and you can have it tested, the lab have their own made supplement that target the deficiency of any neurotransmitter you have.

What kind of supplements are they giving you?

I’m extremely curious, personally!