What are your emotions like?

When I’m baseline in my mood I don’t feel anything. When I’m depressed all I feel is sadness. If I’m manic I’m really emotional and happy. I’ve only been manic a couple of times so most of the time I’m sad or numb. When I’m psychotic I’m super emotionally tied to my thoughts. It’s internal emotion and doesn’t reflect my environment.

When I’m off of a mood stabilizer my moods are everywhere.
Now that I’m back on Depakote I have limited emotions.
No highs or lows just feeling flat.

1 Like

I’m sorry you feel this way. It’s something a lot of schizophrenics have probably felt. My emotions go through phases. I’ll go several weeks feeling really good, then I’ll go several months feeling bad. I don’t know if I would call the feeling good phase a full blown mania, though. Sometimes my emotions aren’t really in touch with reality. I’ll get upset over something I think somebody did or said. A lot of the time that doesn’t turn out to be the case. I guess everybody does that, but I do it a lot. Maybe your doctor can find a good med for you. I think there are some new antidepressants that could help. Or maybe a mood stabilizer, if you have mood swings.

When in baseline im …i just dont care…when im depressed …i feel i.understand and its ok, im meant to be unhappy in this life…when im manic.i get supersexual…when im psychotic …i just want to kill.

I got off lithium a couple months ago and started limicdal. I just started abilify too. Hopefully one of those will help with depression. My mania is stopped by meds but nothing seems to help with depression.

1 Like

I can’t be on ssris. I just started a mood stabilizer. I’m on two aps so that probably doesn’t help with my emotions.

Sometimes they give electroconvulsive therapy to people with treatment resistant depression. I’ve seen ect do a lot of good. You might ask your pdoc about that.

I was on lamictal before.
It should help your depression.

Do you remember how many mgs? I just got to 100mg

Lamictal made me too anxious.
The highest dose for me was 100mg.

1 Like

I’ll ask my pdoc. I’m In therapy twice a week too but doesn’t seem to help

1 Like

Normally okay, When I’m stressed I get well extremely anxious. If the mood persists it tends to manifest into depression. I just got back from a wedding today and I’m a little depressed because I’m still single, and have no signs of a relationship anytime soon. Also I was really out of place because had nothing to really discuss with anyone there. The only thing I can talk about really is moving. and it goes like, “I’m moving in a week. I’m very stressed about it. I’m worried about kitty handling the move.” And then I run out of things to say.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s possible for me to form an emotional relationship with someone but I haven’t really tried so idk. I have a hard time with keeping a conversation too.

I’m lucky. I haven’t experienced many side effects from meds. Except risperdal made me grow female breast tissue

1 Like

My days have been extreme ups and downs. I have 3-4 happy good productive days and then suddenly 3 depressed days where I cry relentlessly and not do much.

My emotions are not stable at all.

My mood stays the same for months usually. Sometimes during the day I’ll have a couple hours of an up mood but that’s rare. Are you bipolar?

1 Like

I don’t know honestly. My doc said scza last time I asked. My diagnosis is unclear. At first , it was delusional disorder. It is very rare.

Don’t worry about having things about yourself to say. Most people want to talk about themselves anyway. Try to figure out questions to ask them about what they say.

It can be hard. I know. Even just “That sounds interesting, I always wondered about that” even if you never thought about it before.

1 Like

I’m almost always numb or depressed. I can’t remember what it feels like to be happy or enjoy something. All the things that used to make me happy, now I don’t feel anything. I wonder if it is a symptom of schizophrenia?

My emotions are quite good right now. I’m able to feel the dark feelings when watching a good movie, be happy around people and enjoy life. However my life right now is very slow. I’m just enjoying the sounds and smells and largely watching life pass me by. Maybe I’ll get back into drawing and painting and do a photo realistic drawing for the United Self Help office. It is a small, barren place, devoted to helping the mentally ill. They could use some art. I’m greatful for how much I’m able to find meaning in life, even if I never make it to the point where I can work.

1 Like