The line between religion and delusion?

Where do you draw the line between religion and delusion? I am Pagan and have been for 26 years. I became psychotic 3 years ago. Now I look back and wonder if my religious experiences were delusions and hallucinations…

I grew up in zero religion, not anti religious, just zero, nothing. We didn’t talk about it, read about it, think about it.

Any wonder my (so called delusions) have zero based religious themes.

1 Like

I think religion can be dangerous for people with Sz.

I don’t know the real truth to things and who knows what anything means. But I keep myself grounded first because I don’t want to be caught by the current of my mind. I know it easily can sweep me off my feet.

I don’t think there is a problem with having a religion but always ere on the side of caution and assume anything unexplainable you see is a delusion. If a higher power really wants to get in contact with you tell it to give the message to your friend or loved one lol.

I don’t agree with you that religion is dangerous for people with sz/sza. I think we need it more than most people.

1 Like

It depends on who you talk to. There are people who would swear that every person’s religious experience is a delusion, but the Pope would swear they are real.