Stoned (Marijuana enjoying) Lab Rats Become Too Lazy For Tests, Study Finds

With an increasing number of US states and countries around the world relaxing their laws on medical and recreational marijuana, the need to rigorously study the biological effects of smoking weed becomes ever more pressing. Many of these trials and experiments are conducted on lab rats, the latest of which has revealed that the rodents tend to become too lazy to bother with difficult cognitive tests when they are stoned.

Appearing in the Journal of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, the study sought to determine how two of marijuana’s main ingredients, namely tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD), affect laziness levels.

Of course, it is no secret that THC – which is responsible for the “stoned” effects of cannabis – tends to make people less willing to exert effort

Read the full story:

thats interesting, so whats better for you then THC or CBD?

An even bigger problem with stoned rats is that they will eat up all the ice cream and potato chips without leaving any for anyone else.

3 Likes

I’ve seen marijuana do huge damage, but I still don’t think it is as dangerous as alcohol. Every year in the U.S. we lose tens of thousands of lives to drunk drivers. A person is not nearly as likely to get violent on marijuana as he or she is on alcohol. If I was a kid I would rather have a parent addicted to marijuana than to alcohol. It’s true that marijuana tends to demotivate you, but you don’t get so out of control on weed as you do alcohol.

1 Like

IF the government really gave a â– â– â– â–  about what we think marijuana owuld already be legal.

1 Like

Lol so that’s what speedy Gonzalez’s cousin slow poke Rodriguez was all ■■■■■■ up on…huh that was a good reference they don’t even show his cartoon any more…

Agreed. And I don’t like articles that cite “marijuana legalization” as a bad thing. Well I’m for freedom to choose what you put in your body, better regulations, more rehabs, less violence/black market, taxing, so I think we should legalize everything.

3 Likes

Something’s are better left illegal…opium herion crack meth ice those should remain illegal…citing early 1900 and before opium dens swallowed whole communities…

Yes, I found that out during my time at the University. I had to stop smoking at least 2 hours before I showed up for class because I would space out or get side tracked/lost. If I did not smoke prior to class, I did fine and my mood was better thanks to the levels of cannabis from earlier that day.

If I smoked before class, I would be all space cadet. It would take me longer to write something and I would participate less during class. I got used to smoking, then staying away from smoking for at least two hours, during which time I’d usually grab an energy drink before heading to class (I know energy drinks are bad, but I kind of like the jittery, caffeinated feeling because it made me more social and I’d participate during class discussions more).

I just ran out of weed and I’m broke, so I’m cycling off cannabis again (I cycled off cannabis for a couple months recently but finally smoked this month).

Okay the title is hilarious so I have to laugh first. :smile:
Now, the studies also show that smoking marijuana for too long, starting from early in life makes your life outcome very poor.

"An international research study has found that people who smoke â– â– â– â–  tons of weed are more likely to be losers, apparently.

The study followed children from birth up to the age of 38 and found that individuals who smoked pot four or more days of the week ended up in a lower social class than their parents, reports UCDavis Newsroom.

The regular smokers also experienced more money, work-related and relationship difficulties – which got worse the longer they kept smoking."

Persistent Cannabis Dependence and
Alcohol Dependence Represent Risks for
Midlife Economic and Social Problems:
A Longitudinal Cohort Study
http://cpx.sagepub.com/content/early/2016/03/16/2167702616630958.full.pdf?ijkey=PjD9gu0wSdxIDI9&keytype=finite

3 Likes

Wasn’t there a study that said that marijuana did like 6 times more damage to the lungs than cigarettes or something like that. I don’t care about whether it is legalized but I wonder if all the claims that it is a miracle drug are true. It seems that right now people are trying to get it legalized so there seems to be almost very little research that says anything bad about marijuana. The problem is that sometimes even the person doing the study could let their bias skew the study. I watched a video by vertasim or something like that that said most of the research seemed to consist of false research and claims. Going to bed soon but maybe if I remember I’ll repost that one tomorrow. I don’t know if I could find the one about marijuana being 6 times worse for your lungs than cigarettes. I remember it was done by john hopkins university or someplace in England or something. It seems like it wasn’t given that much attention.

I know that it is just a you tube channel that there may not be that much proof for but here is a link to the veritasium talking about the study where they talk about most research being wrong for a variety of reasons. Most published research is incorrect . The smoking marijuana study was something that I heard offhand so I don’t know where that one is though.

Beaudacious study…

Like, Dudes… just chill and pass the Doritos, man.

Chya!

2 Likes