Risperdone and breast enlargment

I was on risperdone for 6 months and my breasts grew 2 cups larger. Anyone here a woman and had that happen to them?

Wait… we’re operating under the assumption that this is a good thing, right???

Didn’t happen till we see the pictures, just kidding. I have heard even on the birth control pill that can happen to women. Think it’s having different chemistry.

2 Likes

This can happen to men as well specially those on paliperidone and risperidone. Apart from breast enlargement high prolactin may cause galactorrhoea, infertility, and reduced bone mineral density

1 Like

I’ve filled out, but I forgot to say, “when.” :wink:

1 Like

Yes my boobs got bigger and I started lactating :frowning: :frowning: And with the weight I gained I basically feel like I’m pregnant without the pregnancy. Therapist took me off it and I’m on Latuda now. If you ever notice any discharge from your breasts tell your prescriber right away as it shows dangerous levels of prolactin in your body! High levels of prolactin have been linked to breast cancer!

Also men get out of this thread, yer gross :stuck_out_tongue:

I was lactating on 100mg of Invega Sustenna, now on 75mg hasn’t happened yet, sometimes I get this huge feeling to change medication just because of the prolactin levels.
But I’m so sane!!! :anguished:

Ugh same, Risperdal was working wonders for me. Right now my symptoms are flooding back again and it’s bordering on nightmare land.

Sorry to hear that, hasn’t been an easy ride for you

Im currently with a new doc… I’ll explain why if asked… But I’m getting off zyprexa after 18 years of it and aiming at vraylar and lamictal… I’m doing push ups and sit ups and eating less sugar and am awake 16 hours at least… My life is changing for the better I hope… Although its a transition due to obesity and high levels in my blood of all troubles… Zyprexa is a good head med but over time fugs up the body. So my doc is weening me off. Please send good wishes

I think it comes with the weight gain.
My stomach seems to stick out more than my breast so ive been asked if im pregnant.
I used to not even fill out a A cup properly because i was a small build with very small breast and pretty small body size .Now I fill a A cup and possibly even B cup.
When I was on risperdone i think when i was 20 years old or so I put on weight and then came off it and lost weight .
I also had a milking experience during that time period.
Olanzapine is what Im on now.
I kind of miss my breast and normal body weight and size as I also think it could be easier to move around but I am still grateful. :slight_smile: n still love :purple_heart:my body despite the extra giggliness.